Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Andy Dalton: I'm face of the franchise

Featured Replies

  • Replies 50
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is correct.

 

He is the face of the franchise. The Bengals fortunes ride with him.

If true, it means the Bengals are going all in with Dalton and don't want to do anything to shake his confidence.

 

For everyone involved, I think it is best if Dalton's plays 2014 without an extension in place. He will either command a lot more money after the season or the Bengals will start looking in other directions.

Then play like it

Somewhere Hellbird is having a stroke.

Wonder if Tom Brady would say publicly he is the face of the franchise.

Wonder if Tom Brady would say publicly he is the face of the franchise.

 

Since he doesn't need to say it, probably not.

15 a year... Child please! Don't compare yourself to names who get that figure cause they've won a playoff game.

For everyone involved, I think it is best if Dalton's plays 2014 without an extension in place. He will either command a lot more money after the season or the Bengals will start looking in other directions.

 

Yep.

Dalton is a likeable guy and by all accounts, a pretty good leader. He has a lot of the things that I'm looking for in a professional quarterback, but I'm not sure if he's good enough to get the Bengals over the hump. With that said, I don't know who the Bengals could get that would be any better. Long story short, I think the Bengals re-sign Dalton and he sticks around for several years.

This whole saga reminds me of the Steelers in the Kordell years. Just silly defense. He couldn't manage to take the team to that level. With a better quarterback, it's hard to say how many rings they'd have acquired. Can't help but wonder if the Bengals are on the same path.

If true' date=' it means the Bengals are going all in with Dalton and don't want to do anything to shake his confidence. For everyone involved, I think it is best if Dalton's plays 2014 without an extension in place. He will either command a lot more money after the season or the Bengals will start looking in other directions.[/quote']

 

Absolutely.. He plays this season and goes to Super Bowl he gets 15-20. He plays this year and sucks or is average who knows what he gets.

 

He's very smart trying to get paid the SB/playoff money right now of course. Then if he goes backward he's already set financially.

 

I think he's benefited greatly by the depth and playmakers Cincy has put him around and the defense.

With the first pick Bengals select ___________ QB. :D

I've defended Mike Brown (and the kids) lately but would have to back peddle if they were to sign him to a long term deal preseason. I say have a frank conversation and say 'EARN IT FIRST'.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.