Andy Dalton: I'm face of the franchise

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If true, it means the Bengals are going all in with Dalton and don't want to do anything to shake his confidence.

For everyone involved, I think it is best if Dalton's plays 2014 without an extension in place. He will either command a lot more money after the season or the Bengals will start looking in other directions.

Dalton is a likeable guy and by all accounts, a pretty good leader. He has a lot of the things that I'm looking for in a professional quarterback, but I'm not sure if he's good enough to get the Bengals over the hump. With that said, I don't know who the Bengals could get that would be any better. Long story short, I think the Bengals re-sign Dalton and he sticks around for several years.

This whole saga reminds me of the Steelers in the Kordell years. Just silly defense. He couldn't manage to take the team to that level. With a better quarterback, it's hard to say how many rings they'd have acquired. Can't help but wonder if the Bengals are on the same path.

If true' date=' it means the Bengals are going all in with Dalton and don't want to do anything to shake his confidence. For everyone involved, I think it is best if Dalton's plays 2014 without an extension in place. He will either command a lot more money after the season or the Bengals will start looking in other directions.[/quote']

Absolutely.. He plays this season and goes to Super Bowl he gets 15-20. He plays this year and sucks or is average who knows what he gets.

He's very smart trying to get paid the SB/playoff money right now of course. Then if he goes backward he's already set financially.

I think he's benefited greatly by the depth and playmakers Cincy has put him around and the defense.