Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Andy Dalton: I'm face of the franchise

Featured Replies

I am with most people on that fact that they shouldn't sign him long term before the year. Draft a QB in the middle rounds and let Dalton and this season play out, and then you either lock him up or let him walk depending on the end result.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am with most people on that fact that they shouldn't sign him long term before the year. Draft a QB in the middle rounds and let Dalton and this season play out' date=' and then you either lock him up or let him walk depending on the end result.[/quote']

 

Dalton is pushing the issue because he is smart. Playoff steaks end and a decent or bad year will cost him millions. Much of his success has been the team around him, he's not gonna go win an MVP on a good or decent team and say see pay me Mikey...

Agree on Green and Burfict. Atkins.

 

I realize he isn't a player and maybe that is what everyone is looking for but I believe Marvin Lewis is the face of the franchise.

 

Marvin was actually my first choice, but I chose a player instead.

Agree on Green and Burfict. Atkins.

 

I realize he isn't a player and maybe that is what everyone is looking for but I believe Marvin Lewis is the face of the franchise.[/QUOTE]

 

And isn't this one of the biggest problems for the Bengals? His record is as average as it can get after all these years... not like it's Belichick or someone like that.

Agree on Green and Burfict. Atkins.

 

I realize he isn't a player and maybe that is what everyone is looking for but I believe Marvin Lewis is the face of the franchise.[/QUOTE]

 

And isn't this one of the biggest problems for the Bengals? His record is as average as it can get after all these years... not like it's Belichick or someone like that.

 

 

Marvin is probably my least favorite person in all of pro sport. Nothing personal at all. He may be a very decent fellow. I just think he is a horrible head football coach and game manager. When the Bengals win they do so in spite of Marvin's misdeeds. He should have been fired long ago.

This headline as most is misleading. He never said HE was the "face of the franchise". He said many of the QB's that make a lot of money are after stating that QB's in the NFL are rewarded with lots of money. He might have inferred it, that's debatable, and I can see where people think he did. However, he never explicitly said that.

Exactly my thoughts as well. So far Burfict has proven as a franchise face. Plays hard and fast, a prow bowler. It is also my understanding that he has been a model player and teammate.

 

This and then some, Burfict and Green are the foundation, frame, and roof of this franchise. Red Rider BB Gun is sadly mistaken!

This headline as most is misleading. He never said HE was the "face of the franchise". He said many of the QB's that make a lot of money are after stating that QB's in the NFL are rewarded with lots of money. He might have inferred it, that's debatable, and I can see where people think he did. However, he never explicitly said that.

 

I agree a little misleading but the next question was, "do you think you are the face if the bengals" and he answered YES.

........

 

Hellbird, sit down before you watch this. NFL: Andy Dalton's value - Video - CBSSports.com

 

I agree with these guys. They compare him favorably to Russell Wilson. The only difference between the two is turnovers IMO. That is the big problem for Dalton. However, Wilson is not asked to do as much as Dalton. Seattle has a much better running game and stay committed to it. He also QB'd the Super Bowl.

 

Dalton's 80 TD passes in three years and three straight playoffs give him huge leverage.

 

The Seahawks will be faced with the same dilemma next year and it won't be easy for them. When you increase the QB's salary 40 times, salary cap issues happen. They will not be able to keep that league best defense intact.

I dislike Dalton a helluva lot less than I dislike Marvin but let's face it- Lizard Momma will post something positive about the Reds on here long before the Bengals ever win a Superbowl with either Marvin or Andy anywhere near the football field.

You're not gonna win a Superbowl with either of them anywhere near the football field.

 

After one of the most successful first three years of a career in NFL history, you can make that claim? Can you also send me the PowerBall numbers for next week, I could really use them?

After one of the most successful first three years of a career in NFL history, you can make that claim? Can you also send me the PowerBall numbers for next week, I could really use them?

 

Losing in the first round of the playoffs is a long way from winning the Superbowl. You have to win at least three games to be Superbowl champs and somewhere along the way Andy or Marvin would do something "Tea Party crazy" to prevent that from happening. I love the Bengals but in Marvin and Andy, I don't trust, particularly Marvin.

Losing in the first round of the playoffs is a long way from winning the Superbowl. You have to win at least three games to be Superbowl champs and somewhere along the way Andy or Marvin would do something "Tea Party crazy" to prevent that from happening. I love the Bengals but in Marvin and Andy, I don't trust, particularly Marvin.

 

Peyton Manning didn't win a playoff game until his 6th year, but by all means, let's throw out Dalton after 3. I'm not arguing Marvin, clearly as my last post referenced "first three years", but to claim "you're not gonna win a Super Bowl with either of them" after 3 years seems a bit over-the-top.

Peyton Manning didn't win a playoff game until his 6th year' date=' but by all means, let's throw out Dalton after 3. I'm not arguing Marvin, clearly as my last post referenced "first three years", but to claim "you're not gonna win a Super Bowl with either of them" after 3 years seems a bit over-the-top.[/quote']

 

Gutzy comparing Dalton to Manning.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.