Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Andy Dalton: I'm face of the franchise

Featured Replies

I've defended Mike Brown (and the kids) lately but would have to back peddle if they were to sign him to a long term deal preseason. I say have a frank conversation and say 'EARN IT FIRST'.

 

If you look at all the positives he's done, he does deserve it. They will sign him as I have consistently said and it will be between 16-18 million per year. I've been a Bengal season ticket holder for 34 years now and we have never gone to the playoffs three straight years. Only Anderson and Boomer were better with Palmer about the same IMO. We went from Boomer to Palmer about 10 years with NOBODY. I do not want to experience that again. Might I say Klingler, Smith, Blake, O'Donnell, Ferrotte, etc., please no.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.........

 

BM is 100% correct, there will be an extension on or before he reports to camp in July / August and it will be large. The Bengals have no leverage in this situation whatsoever, you really think this group wants to begin a 3-year process of breaking in a new QB that will undoubtedly not have as good a first 3 years as the guy you're running off? No.

 

Guru, "for everyone involved" it is better to play 2014 without an extension? How is it better for Dalton? He is going to get $15-18M per year as it is. If they win the whole enchilada maybe he gets a bump in guaranteed money, but for the most part, his deal wouldn't be much different. However, there are many downsides to Andy playing, most notably, an injury that ends his career or severely impacts future performance.

 

I know Cam has said he won't holdout without a new deal, but I'm not sure I believe that (I believe he means it in April, not sure he would actually stick to it in August). Similarly, the Bengals can't afford their fanbase to like their QB any less, which would undoubtedly happen when a guy who is 2-9 in playoffs and prime time (off the top of my head, maybe 2-7, but you get the gist) holds out and doesn't show up to play the last year of his deal.

 

He is getting paid, prepare yourself for it, mock it if you wish, but it is happening.

......... BM is 100% correct' date=' there will be an extension on or before he reports to camp in July / August and it will be large. The Bengals have no leverage in this situation whatsoever, you really think this group wants to begin a 3-year process of breaking in a new QB that will undoubtedly not have as good a first 3 years as the guy you're running off? No. Guru, "for everyone involved" it is better to play 2014 without an extension? How is it better for Dalton? He is going to get $15-18M per year as it is. If they win the whole enchilada maybe he gets a bump in guaranteed money, but for the most part, his deal wouldn't be much different. However, there are many downsides to Andy playing, most notably, an injury that ends his career or severely impacts future performance. I know Cam has said he won't holdout without a new deal, but I'm not sure I believe that (I believe he means it in April, not sure he would actually stick to it in August). Similarly, the Bengals can't afford their fanbase to like their QB any less, which would undoubtedly happen when a guy who is 2-9 in playoffs and prime time (off the top of my head, maybe 2-7, but you get the gist) holds out and doesn't show up to play the last year of his deal. He is getting paid, prepare yourself for it, mock it if you wish, but it is happening.[/quote']

 

It's not better for Dalton and of course he wants to get paid SB like money before the year starts. What if they go 6-10 or 7-9? I don't even think Dalton trust himself that's why he wants life changing money now. A bad or mediocre year would cost him 7-8 million.

.........

 

BM is 100% correct, there will be an extension on or before he reports to camp in July / August and it will be large. The Bengals have no leverage in this situation whatsoever, you really think this group wants to begin a 3-year process of breaking in a new QB that will undoubtedly not have as good a first 3 years as the guy you're running off? No.

 

Guru, "for everyone involved" it is better to play 2014 without an extension? How is it better for Dalton? He is going to get $15-18M per year as it is. If they win the whole enchilada maybe he gets a bump in guaranteed money, but for the most part, his deal wouldn't be much different. However, there are many downsides to Andy playing, most notably, an injury that ends his career or severely impacts future performance.

 

I know Cam has said he won't holdout without a new deal, but I'm not sure I believe that (I believe he means it in April, not sure he would actually stick to it in August). Similarly, the Bengals can't afford their fanbase to like their QB any less, which would undoubtedly happen when a guy who is 2-9 in playoffs and prime time (off the top of my head, maybe 2-7, but you get the gist) holds out and doesn't show up to play the last year of his deal.

 

He is getting paid, prepare yourself for it, mock it if you wish, but it is happening.

 

Right MTGL, the only issue is how much is guaranteed. The annual salary will fit in the market.

I wouldn't touch the field if I were Dalton until Mike is handing out 15-20 guaranteed. One thing AD has learned is the business side.

Then play like it

He is...It's the Bengals we are talking about. Dalton's performance is pretty much dead on what you think when you think Cincinnati Bengals.

 

When you think Bengals it is Dalton that sums up their performance perfectly. I wouldn't expect to see someone who is good being the "Face of the Franchise"

I wouldn't touch the field if I were Dalton until Mike is handing out 15-20 guaranteed. One thing AD has learned is the business side.

I really hope you are right and I really hope MB doesn't give him a new contract yet and he doesn't step on the field next year. That can only help the Bengals chances if they make it to the post season.

Dalton is a likeable guy and by all accounts, a pretty good leader. He has a lot of the things that I'm looking for in a professional quarterback, but I'm not sure if he's good enough to get the Bengals over the hump. With that said, I don't know who the Bengals could get that would be any better. Long story short, I think the Bengals re-sign Dalton and he sticks around for several years.

I disagree. He never takes blame and always throws his teammates under the bus when things go bad. Just listen to any of his post game interviews after he's sucked.

.........

Guru, "for everyone involved" it is better to play 2014 without an extension? How is it better for Dalton? He is going to get $15-18M per year as it is. If they win the whole enchilada maybe he gets a bump in guaranteed money, but for the most part, his deal wouldn't be much different. However, there are many downsides to Andy playing, most notably, an injury that ends his career or severely impacts future performance.

 

I think it is better for Dalton to wait because I don't believe Mike Brown is going to pay him what the market dictates he is worth if they do the deal prior to the start of this season. With that said, I admit your opinion is just as likely.

 

I think you and I are calling the under/over 15 million per year on Dalton, over is fair market value, under is Mike Brown territory.

Andy Dalton is an average QB at best. I would not agree with his statement.

When I think of the Bengals, I think of AJ Green. Not Andy Dalton.

When I think of the Bengals, I think of AJ Green. Not Andy Dalton.

Exactly my thoughts as well. So far Burfict has proven as a franchise face. Plays hard and fast, a prow bowler. It is also my understanding that he has been a model player and teammate.

Agree on Green, Burfict, and Atkins.

 

I realize he isn't a player and maybe that is what everyone is looking for but I believe Marvin Lewis is the face of the franchise.

The face of the Bengals franchise (and maybe some other body parts too): :sssh:

 

thCA6WSU90.jpg

Agree on Green and Burfict. Atkins.

 

I realize he isn't a player and maybe that is what everyone is looking for but I believe Marvin Lewis is the face of the franchise.

 

That was my first thought as well. I wonder how many people around the league could pick out Dalton, Green or any other player from a group.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.