Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If Kentucky wins tomorrow

Featured Replies

Will it expedite Coach Cal leaving for possibly another shot at the NBA since it would give him more championships than any coach not named Rupp at Kentucky, or would he want him want to stay around for at least another 5 or 6 years making him think he could tie or even surpass Rupp?

  • Replies 45
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant imagine why he would want to leave. Sure hope he stays around and retires at UK. He has all of the personality traits that make him the perfect fit for the job. Great coach!

I don't see him leaving for the NBA, what's the point? He is the best recruiter in basketball period! What are we at now? 5 number 1 recruiting classes in a row?

 

He will stay around another 4-5 years, not to tie or surpass Rupp's title number, but for other reasons.

Hope he never leaves

 

Me too!!!!!!

His son is a high school student in Lexington. He is either a sophomore or junior, I think he is a junior. Putting myself in his shoes, I think I would stay put until my son graduates and then evaluate the future.

 

After his son graduates, at that point, I think he would have to consider if he wants to take another shot at the pros, or if he wants to remain a college coach for the remainder of his career. If he chooses to remain in the college ranks, then I can't see him wanting to coach anywhere else. On the other hand, this job takes a toll.

 

Either way I don't think he will last any more than 5 more years as the HC ad UK.

I don't think he will leave for the NBA, I really don't.

 

It will be a sad day for me when he leaves UK. I think he would to retire.

A quote I heard. "In the NBA, Cal will get on first round draft pick per year. At UK he gets 3 or more first round draft picks a year" LOL

 

Based on the fact that his time with the Nets didn't go too well, have the GM's and owners of NBA teams not pigeon holed him as college coach only who does not have the traits to be successful in the NBA?

I don't think this year anyway because he will be having another hip surgery in about 2 weeks and he knows the grind that the NBA is and don't think he would want to start that this fall coming off hip replacement.

You make him an offer that he can't leave on the table. Whatever the NBA proposes do what you have to to keep him.

He isn't going anywhere for a long time!

I think Cal stays 5 more years at UK. For some reason I think he's going to want the chance to coach his son for once, with Brad walking on at UK. Also I think all of his career goals are all centered around college players and has no desire to leave for the NBA.

You make him an offer that he can't leave on the table. Whatever the NBA proposes do what you have to to keep him.

 

At a certain point, does any more money make a difference? After about 5 mill a year (which I think Cal makes), I am assuming prestige takes over at that point. So is there more prestige of being the head coach of the Knicks/Lakers/Heat, etc. than being the head coach of UK? Being a UK fan I am obviously biased and would say working to take over UCLA's lead on NCAA titles would mean more but again, I am biased. If I take off my blue tinted glasses, being the head coach of the Lakers, Heat, etc. may mean more.

 

I know when Pitino left UK, it was mentioned that he looked forward to not having to recruit anymore. Were those people correct and recruiting was part of the college job Pitino didn't care for? I don't know. However, I don't think Cal minds recruiting, he may actually look forward to it.

Maybe I'm naive, but I believe him when he talks about wanting to help make a difference in young people's lives. This is why I don't think he leaves. He likes to help make it possible for young men to reach their dreams.

I'll be shocked if Cal ever leaves and if he does it will be the dumbest move of his career. He should retire from UK. The opportunity he has right now is what coaches should dream for. If he leaves he is an idiot. Period. Point blank. Straight up.

 

Him leaving UK is synonymous with Coach K, Tom Izzo, Roy Williams even Rick Pitino leaving for other jobs. Utter stupidity.

 

I'm a Duke fan and I'll be pissed if Cal ever leaves UK for another job. IT WILL NEVER GET BETTER THAN THIS, JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.