Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If Kentucky wins tomorrow

Featured Replies

Everyone does remember that it was only a month ago that there was active discussion here about Cal's time at UK being done, correct? Cal seems to be the kind of guy who leaves with them wanting more, rather than a guy who is leaving while they say "don't let the door hit you on the way out."

 

Just proves that we have fools on this site too haha!

  • Replies 45
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At minimum he's there through next season when Brad graduates from high school. I really think he wants to coach him though, so I think his plan right now (it obviously could change) is to have Brad walk-on, and when he graduates college, be done and retire somewhere.

At minimum he's there through next season when Brad graduates from high school. I really think he wants to coach him though, so I think his plan right now (it obviously could change) is to have Brad walk-on, and when he graduates college, be done and retire somewhere.

 

Gives us what, another five or six years? I'd absolutely take that.

Gives us what, another five or six years? I'd absolutely take that.

 

Heck yeah, I would be shocked though.

If Kentucky wins tonight doesn't this pretty much shut up a lot of the easily disgruntled fans for the next several years...I mean every time they pipe up during the season complaining about Cal's coaching ability or the team or whatever, we can always point back to this season and tell them to shut up and wait until the season is over?

Heck yeah, I would be shocked though.

I'd say he can go the day after we pass UCLA for the most titles :)

If Kentucky wins tonight doesn't this pretty much shut up a lot of the easily disgruntled fans for the next several years...I mean every time they pipe up during the season complaining about Cal's coaching ability or the team or whatever, we can always point back to this season and tell them to shut up and wait until the season is over?

 

You'd think an Elite Eight, Final Four and Championship would have done that before and it didn't.

If Kentucky wins tonight doesn't this pretty much shut up a lot of the easily disgruntled fans for the next several years...I mean every time they pipe up during the season complaining about Cal's coaching ability or the team or whatever, we can always point back to this season and tell them to shut up and wait until the season is over?

 

I thought that with the first title and it took 18 months. Sad...

Edited by HammerTime

Is the Knicks job really appealing? How do they get better? If Cal wants to go to the NBA I would bet he only goes somewhere with at least 2 super stars and a chance to always compete for titles. Why go grind it out in NY for a lottery team? Lakers might work if LBJ goes there but I don't think he would. Miami isn't replacing their coach so maybe Chicago if Thibs is really fed up is the only likely option.

If Kentucky wins tonight doesn't this pretty much shut up a lot of the easily disgruntled fans for the next several years...I mean every time they pipe up during the season complaining about Cal's coaching ability or the team or whatever, we can always point back to this season and tell them to shut up and wait until the season is over?

 

No, only until the next bad half of basketball his team plays, then they'll be back. Go read some update threads over the past season, right up through Saturday's game.

Only two NBA Coaches (Doc and Pop) making more than Cal and neither make an amount that would be unreasonable for UK to pay to him.

Only two NBA Coaches (Doc and Pop) making more than Cal and neither make an amount that would be unreasonable for UK to pay to him.

 

And I'd wonder if Doc and Pop really are making more when you consider the incentives and other deals he receives as the Head Basketball Coach at Kentucky (e.g. Nike or whoever).

If he ever leaves UK for anywhere else he is an idiot. I don't think he is an idiot.

And I'd wonder if Doc and Pop really are making more when you consider the incentives and other deals he receives as the Head Basketball Coach at Kentucky (e.g. Nike or whoever).

 

I think the Nike money and TV show is part of his total compensation from UKAthletics

Rex just tweeted that win or lose , word is Cal to the Lakers. He said he wasn't joking.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.