Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why Louisville fans hate KSR

Featured Replies

Where do you buy those Red and Black shades.

 

I live in Louisville. Huge UK fan. I really like Vanetti, Jason Anderson, and Diener (sp) in the morning. All are biased towards UofL, but they are fair and good at their job.

Valvano seems like a nice guy, but I hate his show.

 

No one compares to Matt Jones. He goes out of his way to troll. He's just an irritating person.

  • Replies 115
  • Views 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I live in Louisville. Huge UK fan. I really like Vanetti, Jason Anderson, and Diener (sp) in the morning. All are biased towards UofL, but they are fair and good at their job.

Valvano seems like a nice guy, but I hate his show.

 

No one compares to Matt Jones. He goes out of his way to troll. He's just an irritating person.

 

This 1000 times over. Very true.

I wonder how many BGP UK fans listen to him? I wouldn't even know he had a show if he wasn't on KSR from time to time.

 

Jones & Vanetti would both be better served to do a show together as opposed to what they are currently doing.

Rick Bozich

 

Nope.

Jones & Vanetti would both be better served to do a show together as opposed to what they are currently doing.

 

Yeah this whole KSR thing is a complete failure

Yeah this whole KSR thing is a complete failure

 

Not saying it's a failure at all. I'm saying I think it would explode in growth if Jones & Vanetti joined up. They're already good friends & the best shows/segments are when those two are together.

Not saying it's a failure at all. I'm saying I think it would explode in growth if Jones & Vanetti joined up. They're already good friends & the best shows/segments are when those two are together.

 

I do like them together but I would say a large part of the KSR base would grow tired of Vanetti. The KSR base are the die hards

I do find it humorous that according to the Louisville fans on here most UK fans are irrational nut jobs and most Louisville fans are rational and fun loving

I do like them together but I would say a large part of the KSR base would grow tired of Vanetti. The KSR base are the die hards

 

You are correct that the die hards are the base, but I think they would broaden their audience as a team & it would make for a much better product.

You are correct that the die hards are the base, but I think they would broaden their audience as a team & it would make for a much better product.

 

I see what you are saying. I would enjoy it but I enjoy it now

I do find it humorous that according to the Louisville fans on here most UK fans are irrational nut jobs and most Louisville fans are rational and fun loving

 

This is what cracks me up as well. Deuce is the patron saint of basketball lol.

Nope.

 

Yep. It's an opinion I think he Trolls on UK and I don't like him. I don't need your agreement.

Never listened to the KSR show, but I do go to the site to get info. I try not to read the comments, as most are banner back and forth of UofL fans trolling and UK fans.

I only listen to Matt Jones during pregame coverage and sometimes post game. He's not as insufferable there an actually is pretty entertaining. I didn't get a chance to listen to him live but KSR had a recap of their pregame show before the UL game. Absolutely hillarious. Clear channel set them up in a bar where it was mostly UL fans and it was great.

This thread cracks me up.

 

I consider myself a true outsider on these issues because I came in from California with no root allegience to either team. I went to law school at UofL and got to go to some games as a result, and PJCS and Yum are about 20 minutes cloer than Commonwealth and Rupp, and plus the road designers in Lexington were smoking crack. Other than that, I'm allegient to (in order): USC (Southern Cal), Navy, and Centre College.

 

The Louisville Courier-Journal doesn't sit on UofL stories because of some Godfather-type control by Jurich and Pitino, the C-J sits on stories because it is a bad, bad newspaper. Period. I've had the privilege at various times of taking the San Francisco Chronicle, the San Diego Union, the Denver Post, the Salt Lake Tribune, and the Washington Post, and reading the C-J is like reading kindergarten fingerpainting in comparison. I was in law school when there were plenty of potential stories from the Crum and even Schnellenberger locker rooms that didn't get reported, so it had little to do with AD's. They are much more concerned with making sure we read Betty Winston Baye's comparison of every political issue to a Maya Angelou poem, or covering the gas card habits of Metro Council members from the East End.

 

On the flip side, for Kentucky fans to suggest that Louisville fans are more obsessed with them than vice versa borders on outright insanity. Exhibit "A" is the new information king, social media. My social media is truly a melting pot, being about 1/3 California friends, 1/3 Centre friends spread around the country of both allegiences, and 1/3 local Bardstonians of both allegiences. When UofL loses, my social media erupts in a cacophancy of "Cat calls," by BBN. And, of course, it is year round since UofL is actually good at most of the sports it plays. When UofK loses, there are of course the same set of individuals squawking each time, but far fewer in number and with far less passion. Since there is no demonstrable measure, UK fans of course have the freedom to say "its equal," but they know thats not true. And of course, there is very little on the airwaves from August through December, because UK's commitment to football appears non-existant.

 

Just one outsider's opinion, though it should be yours too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.