Why Louisville fans hate KSR

LRCW

Wireman and I have disagreed too many times to count on here, and our team allegiances are on opposite ends of the spectrum. That being said, his site is FAR more appealing than KSR, IMO.

Most people have never been able to understand that I am just playing around on BGP most of the time. I am very serious about my blog. I try to report the news and try not to slam any player, school or coach.

I appreciate you saying that and you'd be surprised how much respect I've earned for Louisville.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading the thread title and not the link, the first thing that comes to mind is why do Louisville fans even listen to KSR?

Seriously.

I'm a Bengals fan, that doesn't' mean I am going to Steelers message board to read it.

UL fans are obsessed with all things UK.....

I know Matt is in Cal's inner circle that gives him access to more than most media, saying that the man will hold UK accountable on issues. Jurich and Pitino run their Czar style propaganda, very few Louisville journalist ever challenge the program. It is a series of lies that they shove down the press/fans throats.

There wasn't even a Louisville journalist at the Sypher trial until the last 2 days (really?), Matt predicted Ware would transfer 8 months ago, everyone just called him a hater. The YUM center is a great deal for UofL but it's a bad deal for the tax payers, no one will even address the issue. Even the Masiello ordeal last week was met with Rick pointing the figure at UK, Jurich putting it on Pitino's lap. I'm not even going down the Petrino road.

The Louisville journalist are the puppets on a string, their fans deserve better!

I wish UK fans would get a little more interested as well. It's one of those things that always drives me nuts on BGP. NOBODY in Louisville calls it "UL". Not to call you out in particular, just one of those things I see all the time on here that's really jarring to see it written out.

I wish UK fans would get a little more interested as well. It's one of those things that always drives me nuts on BGP. NOBODY in Louisville calls it "UL". Not to call you out in particular, just one of those things I see all the time on here that's really jarring to see it written out.

Almost all Louisville fans I know call it "UofL"....:idunno:

The Louisville journalist are the puppets on a string, their fans deserve better!

Louisville fans and fans everywhere get exactly what they want and what they want is soft, padded gloves when the media takes its occasional shot.

Nobody in Louisville is addressing the arena issue because neither the C-J nor any of the local news stations even have reporters covering local politics anymore. That's why this is all taken up by bloggers and the occasional bit in the LEO.

Louisville's fans deserve better, sure, but Louisville's citizens deserve better media in general. But it's 2014 and they're simply not going to get it anytime soon.

Almost all Louisville fans I know call it "UofL"....:idunno:

I think it's a speech pattern thing. "Yoo-ell" just doesn't come out of the mouth in the same was as "yoo-kay". I think it's a difference between the harder and softer consonant sound. "Yoo-uhf-ell" just sounds a lot better and so it gets written out that way.

we don't call UK , U of K either. Both are Univervisty of's....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some definitely are, but not all of them. I had a couple of friends who are UL fans & during the BCG days when UK lost to Gardner Webb & VMI, they went out & bought Gardner Webb & VMI tee shirts. To me, that was the definition of what Joe Hall or Eddie Sutton (I can't remember which) called the "Little Brother" complex.

But it works both ways too. KSR/Matt Jones, for example, is obsessed with UL. I listen to and enjoy KSR's radio show, but the obsession with UL is obvious.