Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why Louisville fans hate KSR

Featured Replies

The level of obsession with the opposite fan base isn't even remotely close to being the same.

  • Replies 115
  • Views 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The level of obsession with the opposite fan base isn't even remotely close to being the same.

 

I disagree.

How many UK fans listen to Tony Vanetti? How many U of L fans listen to KSR?

 

Who's obsessed with who?

How many UK fans listen to Tony Vanetti? How many U of L fans listen to KSR?

 

Who's obsessed with who?

 

I have no idea. Do you?

 

I don't listen to either.

The level of obsession with the opposite fan base isn't even remotely close to being the same.

 

Correct because for the most part UK fans don't care about little brother.

Correct because for the most part UK fans don't care about little brother.

 

I would disagree with that too.

 

I think there are significant portions of both sides that are obsessed with the other.

Correct because for the most part UK fans don't care about little brother.

 

I care about Louisville in the sense that they are our rival and I like to know what is going on with them. However, I can say I have never once gone to a Louisville site to read or talk about them and definitely wouldn't go there posting about UK, that just makes no sense to me for either side of the fan base to do so.

 

As far as Matt Jones goes, he talks about Louisville A LOT, whether it is poking fun or just plain talking about them. But, he has an agenda because it drives Louisville and UK fans to read his site, listen to his shows, etc. Without that, I don't think we (UK fans) would hear about them nearly as much. Honestly, all of my Louisville info comes from Matt Jones, twitter (people I follow who decide to mention them), ESPN, and BGP.

I don't understand why that would cause Louisville fans to dislike KSR. I mean, they are in the state of Kentucky bloggers. So why wouldn't the title state that he was a former player at the University of Louisville where most people will remember him from?

Correct because for the most part UK fans don't care about little brother.

 

False.

I disagree.

 

I expected you to. Difference of perception.

How many UK fans listen to Tony Vanetti? How many U of L fans listen to KSR?

 

Who's obsessed with who?

 

I listened to Vanetti for 20 minutes at work the other day... Four UK fans called in.

we don't call UK , U of K either. Both are Univervisty of's....

 

But, as was noted above, You-Kay rolls off the tongue, where You-Ell doesn't. By the same token, You-of-Ell rolls off the tongue, and You-of-Kay is just clunky.

 

And I hear lots of people use the You-of-Kay thing. Sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

But, as was noted above, You-Kay rolls off the tongue, where You-Ell doesn't. By the same token, You-of-Ell rolls off the tongue, and You-of-Kay is just clunky.

 

And I hear lots of people use the You-of-Kay thing. Sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

 

When I'm talking to someone, I say UofL. When I'm typing it or writing it, it's UL.

How many UK fans listen to Tony Vanetti? How many U of L fans listen to KSR?

 

Who's obsessed with who?

Who is Tony Vanetti?

Who is Tony Vanetti?

 

Does a UofL call-in show on 790AM in L'ville.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.