SWEET 16....who is the FAVORITE now?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check there schedule, they have played as tough schedule as anyone else in the Sweet 16.

Played a good in state schedule with impressive wins over Lafayette and Dunbar. Only beat E'town by 1, Fern Creek by two, and O'boro hung with them. They are for real, but not prohibitive as some think.

I'm going to go with Scott Co over Wayne in the finals. But I as far as rooting interest goes, I'd like to see Wayne win it all.

I feel like if Wayne can make it to Sunday then they will win. Especially if it is an 11th Region team. The 12th owned the 11th this year. :D

Played a good in state schedule with impressive wins over Lafayette and Dunbar. Only beat E'town by 1, Fern Creek by two, and O'boro hung with them. They are for real, but not prohibitive as some think.

Don't forget about Warren Central win and a strong out of state schedule with crushing Riverside Academy (no.1 ranked team in La.), playing Park Tudor, a nationally ranked team (lost in OT), and a few other decent teams

After Ballard went down last night, my initial thought was "this is a good year to be a Wayne County or Knott County Central".

The field is fairly open. Trinity, Hopkinsville, and Scott County in the upper bracket.

I've seen Scott County and think they are very talented, but have some holes as well insomuch as they aren't as deep and athletic as you'll usually see.

PRP is probably the toughest team in the tournament to get a read on. When they're on, they're tough. When they aren't.... well, not so much.

Covington Catholic is capable. Owensboro is a bit of a wild card, and are one of the teams I'll be interested in seeing play for myself.

Owensboro is a bit of a wild card, and are one of the teams I'll be interested in seeing play for myself.

Owensboro's draw is extremely difficult. Having to beat Trinity and then likely Hopkinsville just to get to the semifinals will be tough.