SWEET 16....who is the FAVORITE now?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, that's the best they can do. It's not feasible to play those other schools with the travel distance frequently. Again, they'll be fun to watch.

They actually scheduled a game with St. Joseph Prep out of WV in late Feb to be played at Marshall County, but it was cancelled due to all the weather. I was really looking forward to that game and them getting to play another nationally ranked team. Probably would have been the best team they would have faced all year. Unfortunate.

Is the AP poll not the most consistently cited? Perhaps not on here. I know Bluegrass preps has a poll. But you typically hear the "ap poll" when you hear the rankings on the radio or read them in the newspaper. Pardon me. I'll bow down to whatever poll you order me to.

The Spin seems a little edgy maybe we don't know basketball in W.Ky like he does?

You people in Central KY seem to have on blinders, not quiet realizing the caliber of athletes out of Hopkinsville. There are more athletes in Hopkinsville per -capita than any city in this state. At one time a few years ago there were more players in the NBA from Hopkinsville than there were from Louisville. W eve had many players in the NFL and still do. The 8th district has won the 2nd region 12 of the last 13 yrs. who is in the 8th District Hoptown ,Christian CO. and UHA and Ft.Campbell The 8 th District has won the state tournament over 10% of the time the last 30 yrs and been in the semifinals many times. The Central KY media does not cover W.KY basketball, which is understandable because of distance.

I can hear it already. It won't be pretty.

What I'm more inclined to hope happens is that Trinity and PRP meet up and we get the all-Louisville final. That one will be entertaining to read about as well.

Why would you want to see another beatdown? PRP melts at the sight of green.

Great post, but the 8th has won it 13 straight years now

You people in Central KY seem to have on blinders, not quiet realizing the caliber of athletes out of Hopkinsville. There are more athletes in Hopkinsville per -capita than any city in this state. At one time a few years ago there were more players in the NBA from Hopkinsville than there were from Louisville. W eve had many players in the NFL and still do. The 8th district has won the 2nd region 12 of the last 13 yrs. who is in the 8th District Hoptown ,Christian CO. and UHA and Ft.Campbell The 8 th District has won the state tournament over 10% of the time the last 30 yrs and been in the semifinals many times. The Central KY media does not cover W.KY basketball, which is understandable because of distance.

Since we have gotten a little off the favorite track somewhat, the game I would like to see is:

(I have been fortunate enough to see all 16 teams except McCracken County, CovCath, and Clay County so I am not sure how they might fit in my scenario).

The teams I enjoy most are the teams that usually have no superstars and rely on execution, teamwork and heart. Teams that play as a unit and leave every ounce of energy on the floor. The two teams that fit that for me would be a Wayne County versus Trinity final.