Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LHL's John Clay: Dan Patrick Thinks Cal Will Leave UK

Featured Replies

  • Replies 59
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he doesn't for many reasons but when he does UK fans will regret it IMO.

 

 

Although a small majority of fans are the ones calling for him to be fired, even though last year and 2011 were very similar yet no one was going crazy, I'm sure he doesn't enjoy the constant backlash he gets over this team.

 

Yeah, some of it he brought on himself with the hype before the season but it wasn't just him and UK fans, it was the entire national media.

 

It's sad to see what some fans have become so spoiled with and it could wind up being the last straw.

 

I'm not saying Cal would leave over what a few fans think or say but I'm sure it's irritating to put up with after everything he's done for UK basketball and the state of Kentucky.

 

I guess in the end the old saying still rings true, "What have you done for me lately".

IF Cal leaves, he should have never accepted the job in the first place. If you're THAT thin-skinned that some criticism gets you up in arms, then you can't coach at UK.

 

With that being said, I highly doubt he goes.

There is no way he can go to the NBA. With his temperament on the sideline he won't last 2 seasons. He can hardly make it through 30 games let alone 80

There is no way he can go to the NBA. With his temperament on the sideline he won't last 2 seasons. He can hardly make it through 30 games let alone 80

 

If he leaves UK it will be to the NBA. Which he will leave UK eventually and probably soon because IMO he definitely wants to give the NBA another shot.

 

Also his temperment probably will be better in the NBA because he won't be teaching freshman every single year how to play. Which that is the way he recruits so that is on him because he knows what he is taking on with the freshman. However in the NBA I think he will be much calmer like he was his first few years here.

First, are there really people who want Cal fired? Even the 18%ers aren't that wacky are they? Personally, if I heard someone say that, I would call them out on it as the idiot that they are.

 

I would not be shocked if Cal leaves. He does appear frustrated by the past two seasons. How this team finishes out the year could have a big impact on this.

 

Reasons why he would not go:

 

- Family ... his son is in high school. He may not want to move the family at this time.

- NBA opportunity ... Cal will not take any NBA job. It needs to be the right one. If the right NBA job isn't there, he wants to coach so he would stay at UK.

 

I found Patrick's comments about AAU more interesting than his speculation on Cal. Patrick said AAU has ruined college basketball. I don't think it is AAU. I think the internet/media has done more damage to all youth sports than AAU/select teams.

How dare he say such a thing! He hates UK! He's biased!

I think Cal likes to prove the nay-sayers wrong. If he were to leave now he would be admitting to them that they were right about his strategy & philosophy. I just don't see him giving in to that.

Patrick has no insider information when it comes to college basketball and actually rips the college basketball game through out the year. I watch his show everyday after work from my DVR. I love his show. But his main source of Calapari info has always come from Forde.

 

I'm not saying Cal won't leave. But I would be shocked.

I think Cal likes to prove the nay-sayers wrong. If he were to leave now he would be admitting to them that they were right about his strategy & philosophy. I just don't see him giving in to that.

 

Like I said in the other thread, Dan Paticks strong suit isn't college basketball. If he was making a predicition on the NBA or the NFL I'd listen.

 

I just don't see Cal leaving. It's a nice story for the media. I will say some of my fellow UK fans need to take a step back and take a deep breath. We will be in the NCAA tourney with a very talent team anything can happen.

Outside of her first year, I feel like there have been rumors every year that he is going to leave for the NBA.

 

They might happen eventually, but I don't think this year is it. With a few key pieces coming back and another nice class coming in next year, I just don't think it happens.

Did anybody catch Pitino trying to throw gas on the fire and failing lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.