Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LHL's John Clay: Dan Patrick Thinks Cal Will Leave UK

Featured Replies

  • Replies 59
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOW DARE YOU POST IN THIS THREAD!

 

I know. I better get outta here. I'm trolling again. :walk:

What NBA job is appealing right now for him?

 

 

The only one I see that could make sense is the Lakers.

What NBA job is appealing right now for him?

 

 

The only one I see that could make sense is the Lakers.

 

Cleveland next year?

Cleveland next year?

 

They do have Anthony Bennett. They must have let that kid in the bow tie draft for them last season.

What NBA job is appealing right now for him?

 

 

The only one I see that could make sense is the Lakers.

 

Lakers

Philly?

Chicago?

I think Cal likes to prove the nay-sayers wrong. If he were to leave now he would be admitting to them that they were right about his strategy & philosophy. I just don't see him giving in to that.

 

He has already proven the nay-sayers wrong by winning a title and making the final four with another team. There were also many nay-sayers saying he can't coach in the NBA and how he failed in the NBA.

 

I do think he will wait until he atleast has one more good run here at UK in the tourny before he thinks about leaving. Which hopefully that run happens this year, not because I want him gone but just because I want them to go on a run. :D

I'll say this....Cal made some comments in his radio show that made it sound like he may be getting a bit tired of things. :idunno:

IF Cal leaves, he should have never accepted the job in the first place. If you're THAT thin-skinned that some criticism gets you up in arms, then you can't coach at UK.

 

With that being said, I highly doubt he goes.

 

Definitely agree. If he and Erin can't handle this then he should just go back to Memphis.

 

I think he leaves. And I think it will be a shame if he does.

 

#carsalesman

First, are there really people who want Cal fired? Even the 18%ers aren't that wacky are they? Personally, if I heard someone say that, I would call them out on it as the idiot that they are.

 

I would not be shocked if Cal leaves. He does appear frustrated by the past two seasons. How this team finishes out the year could have a big impact on this.

 

Reasons why he would not go:

 

- Family ... his son is in high school. He may not want to move the family at this time.

- NBA opportunity ... Cal will not take any NBA job. It needs to be the right one. If the right NBA job isn't there, he wants to coach so he would stay at UK.

 

I found Patrick's comments about AAU more interesting than his speculation on Cal. Patrick said AAU has ruined college basketball. I don't think it is AAU. I think the internet/media has done more damage to all youth sports than AAU/select teams.

 

 

Brad doesn't like it in Lexington. At least he said as much in a tweet after the Boyle County game.

 

 

@The_bcal25: Someone take me back home to Memphis..

Lakers

Philly?

Chicago?

 

Ehh on Philly

 

Chicago has a great coach. That would be a downgrade.

Cleveland next year?

 

Only with LBJ. I don't see him leaving for a team that might be 7 or 8 seed.

Ehh on Philly

 

Chicago has a great coach. That would be a downgrade.

 

Thought there were rumblings that he wasn't happy there?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.