Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LHL's John Clay: Dan Patrick Thinks Cal Will Leave UK

Featured Replies

I see Cal at UK for one more year, but beyond that I'm not sure.

 

I'm thinking the 2015-2016 team will be his last, so 2 more seasons.

 

Wouldn't surprise me if he left after this year, or if he stayed another 10 though. :idunno:

  • Replies 59
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wouldn't surprise me if he left after this year, or if he stayed another 10 though. :idunno:

 

I'm with you on that, though I'd be more surprised if he stayed another 10 than I would if he left after this year.

Did anybody catch Pitino trying to throw gas on the fire and failing lol

 

You can't blame Pitino for wanting Cal to leave. Cal has owned him and UL since he came to Lexington. His record is 5-1 now and will continue to spread.

O.K., I admit that I get frustrated with some of the play, losses, one and dones, etc. as others do.

Here I go again :D - Even though on the grand scale of things it's a small pct. of U.K. fans but those clowns have the majority of the "mouth" ...wait -no, they aren't really fans of anything but themselves and/or what they "think" that they know. You complained to no end when U.K. wasn't getting the very top players/recruits. Now, you are complaining that Cal is getting them and/or can't coach them !

Cal himself repeatedly says that he Hates the one year/NBA rule, the man has petitioned against it and would love to see the NBA set at least a two year out of h.s. rule. He (Cal) is doing everything in his power to coach a team with little to no college basketball experience. This team loses a couple of games that they shouldn't have and the world is ending. Here is just a note about winning coaches in the last few years.......Since he got to U.K., Coach Cal has won 81% of his games. Coach K 79% @ Duke, Roy Williams 78% @ UNC Rick Pitino 74% @ UL I the same time period. Should a person be unable to do that math then no one can help you !

Aside from the record, including a National Title, John Calapari has done a lot for the image of the University of Kentucky. Many, many charities, donations not just in and around Lexington but on the world stage as well. His trips with U.K. team members, coaches have helped less fortunate countries. Just think of how that reflects on the University, on our State of KY... Those are just a few things that Cal does for U.K. not to mention no doubt other charity work. The man is a great Ambassador of U.K..

I will finish my rant should anyone want to run Cal off, be you a media member, big U.K. Donor or just Joe Common man like I am please listen to yourself/what you are saying........for "those" fans that are never satisfied with anything then I am sorry that your life is a mess but - Please " just let people think that you have no clue of what you are talking about instead of opening your mouth / keyboards and remove all doubt" !

 

O.K., I am off of my soap box. :thumb::lol2:

I'm with you on that, though I'd be more surprised if he stayed another 10 than I would if he left after this year.

 

I think that he said something like ten years was a limit for a job like U.K.. That doesn't mean that's what he plans on, was just something that he said.

 

I can remember when Pitino was at U.K., after a few years he got a constant barrage of questions, comments like...."when are you leaving?" "He hasn't stayed anywhere else, he won't stay here" "Larry Brown, Jr.", etc.. These went on after Years of the man had said over and over again that he had no plans to go anywhere.

I know that the $$ was huge but I always wondered if some of his decision to leave was on the feeling that he was sick of hearing it all over and over...and over, finally got fed up and said to hell with it, I can't please them and left. :idunno:

First, are there really people who want Cal fired?

 

I found Patrick's comments about AAU more interesting than his speculation on Cal. Patrick said AAU has ruined college basketball. I don't think it is AAU. I think the internet/media has done more damage to all youth sports than AAU/select teams.

 

1. Are you kidding ?? :lol2: There are always some idiots that want to fire Cal, along with a and all other coaches in the history of the school.

 

2. I agree wth his AAU comment to a point, AAU, even though tat there are good people, coaches that are in it for the right reasons there are also nothing but promotion efforts going on. A question of "team" play and "defense" also comes into play, imo there is not much of either being played. jmo

I remember the good ol' days when we didn't have to worry about Billy Gillespie leaving. Bring back the drunk!!!!!!!!!

 

Seriously, way too much is being made out of Cal getting ejected and not doing the press conference. The national media, i.e. ESPN etc, is what is ruining sports, not just college basketball, all of sports. The 24 hour sporting news cycle has become a soap opera. When you have to fill up programming time with an idiot like Skip Bayless you know you have too much time on your hands.

You can't blame Pitino for wanting Cal to leave. Cal has owned him and UL since he came to Lexington. His record is 5-1 now and will continue to spread.

 

As if beating UK were the measuring stick for how successful a season was...

As if beating UK were the measuring stick for how successful a season was...

 

Go ahead and finish your tought. Should make for some interesting reading.

Dakich was on Mo's show today.

 

Said he doesn't see why an McDonalds AA doesn't just shut up for a year, listen to Coach Cal, get better, and go to the pros and live a great life.

 

Says what we see on the court during a game re: Cal's animated reactions is only 1/10th of what goes on behind the scenes.

Dakich was on Mo's show today.

 

Said he doesn't see why an McDonalds AA doesn't just shut up for a year, listen to Coach Cal, get better, and go to the pros and live a great life.

 

Says what we see on the court during a game re: Cal's animated reactions is only 1/10th of what goes on behind the scenes.

 

Reading into that it seems that there might be a head case or two. Is that how you read this?

Reading into that it seems that there might be a head case or two. Is that how you read this?

 

Something like that. He says this team is nowhere near as talented as the Wall/Boogie or MKG/Davis/Jones teams.

Something like that. He says this team is nowhere near as talented as the Wall/Boogie or MKG/Davis/Jones teams.

 

Hard to argue that.

Go ahead and finish your tought. Should make for some interesting reading.

 

It was finished....?

I think AAU has corrupted the game on the fact kids don't really care about the team.oat of the time it's about going and showing out for coaches and getting a look. It's hard to get a bunch of kids who have only cared about doing what's good for them for years to come together and be a cohesive unit.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.