Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pat Forde slams Coach Cal

Featured Replies

Michael @MRudolphComedy

Reading that Forde article would be like drinking milk that I know is chunky.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When a team struggles the coach has to be held responsible but let's not act like he is the first coach ever ejected. Out of curiosity what did forde write when beohiem got ejected in a 2 point game?

 

Later on in the article he has a question in that makes a good point here it is from the article.

: Jim Boeheim made an idiot of himself in a loss at Duke the week before, but he showed up at the postgame press conference to answer for it. Cincinnati's Mick Cronin made an idiot of himself on the sidelines Saturday in a loss to Connecticut, but he took questions afterward. If they can do it, why not you?

Later on in the article he has a question in that makes a good point here it is from the article.

: Jim Boeheim made an idiot of himself in a loss at Duke the week before, but he showed up at the postgame press conference to answer for it. Cincinnati's Mick Cronin made an idiot of himself on the sidelines Saturday in a loss to Connecticut, but he took questions afterward. If they can do it, why not you?

 

And if Forde did his research he would have known the answer. But that wouldn't fit his agenda, would it?

 

Plus, did he complain when Pitino didn't attend the press conference at Rupp?

 

Look, Calipari's a big boy and he doesn't need me or anyone else to fight his battles but let's call this what it is.

Pat hates Cal & Cal hates Pat. Neither of them shy away from that.

Very very true and I can't stand Forde and is why I don't read him. He's just like Bob Knight in my book, a total waste.

 

With that said, why give him or any Cal critics any ammo to use in the first place? That is what I meant by being held accountable and Cal took the easy way out.

The very first question is moronic...

 

Q: Your preseason No. 1 team should by all rights fall out of the top 25 this week. What has happened to the squad that had you dancing in the car on the way to the office in October?

 

Last I checked, it was people like Pat Forde that ranked a team that had never played a single game together #1 preseason, not Cal.

With that said, why give him or any Cal critics any ammo to use in the first place? That is what I meant by being held accountable and Cal took the easy way out.

 

I agree with you regarding Cal & I have a lot of criticisms for him.

 

Pat Forde writing a critical piece on John Calipari is the equivalent of Rush Limbaugh writing a critical piece on Barack Obama.

I don't like Forde either his writings are often very biased as is this article. But here below is two other valid points.

Did you know that the two Kentucky teams relying solely on your recruits as the major contributors are last year and this year? And that their record is 42-20, 23-11 in the SEC, with an NIT berth and four losses to teams ranked outside the Ken Pomeroy top 100?

 

Q: Did you know that your first three teams at Kentucky all had veteran players recruited by previous coaches in key roles? Those teams went a combined 102-14, 40-18 in the Southeastern Conference, with two SEC titles, two SEC tournament titles, two Final Four appearances and a national title.

 

Those last two are rhetorical questions, by the way. No need to answer.

Very very true and I can't stand Forde and is why I don't read him. He's just like Bob Knight in my book, a total waste.

 

With that said, why give him or any Cal critics any ammo to use in the first place? That is what I meant by being held accountable and Cal took the easy way out.

 

See, I don't care about critics. I have yet to see a single critic win a basketball game. Critics are there to tear down, not build. Even when they hand out compliments there is always a backhanded nature to them.

 

If Cal never had another news conference, I'd not lose a single wink of sleep.

I don't like Forde either his writings are often very biased as is this article. But here below is two other valid points.

Did you know that the two Kentucky teams relying solely on your recruits as the major contributors are last year and this year? And that their record is 42-20, 23-11 in the SEC, with an NIT berth and four losses to teams ranked outside the Ken Pomeroy top 100?

 

Q: Did you know that your first three teams at Kentucky all had veteran players recruited by previous coaches in key roles? Those teams went a combined 102-14, 40-18 in the Southeastern Conference, with two SEC titles, two SEC tournament titles, two Final Four appearances and a national title.

 

Those last two are rhetorical questions, by the way. No need to answer.

 

I think that question is laughable. Seriously, if Calipari had went into the first season with the players that the previous coaching staffs had left behind Uk would have been lucky to win 10 games. Without Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, and Dobson that team is terrible.

 

If the previous staff had it's way the 2012 title team would have consisted of Darius Miller, Dakota Euton, and Konnor Tucker. Instead of Davis, MKG, Teague, Lamb, and Jones

Ignorant post

 

We see it every time Cal is criticized. Shoot the messenger. Ignore the validity.

I don't like Forde either his writings are often very biased as is this article. But here below is two other valid points.

 

Q: Did you know that your first three teams at Kentucky all had veteran players recruited by previous coaches in key roles? Those teams went a combined 102-14, 40-18 in the Southeastern Conference, with two SEC titles, two SEC tournament titles, two Final Four appearances and a national title.

 

 

I think lumping the third year into that question is a bit of a stretch. Miller is really the only guy that wasn't recruited by Cal, and he played the 6th most minutes.

People will focus on Forde and yes, Forde does have beef with Cal but it does raise some interesting thoughts. Cal should have manned up and taken on the media following a loss and ejection. I feel Cal needs to lay off a little and not come down on the guys for their every little move. Sometimes it is better to just play and coach from that. Eventually players become worried about what they do and it takes them out of their own game.

People will focus on Forde and yes, Forde does have beef with Cal but it does raise some interesting thoughts. Cal should have manned up and taken on the media following a loss and ejection. I feel Cal needs to lay off a little and not come down on the guys for their every little move. Sometimes it is better to just play and coach from that. Eventually players become worried about what they do and it takes them out of their own game.

 

Agree.

People will focus on Forde and yes, Forde does have beef with Cal but it does raise some interesting thoughts. Cal should have manned up and taken on the media following a loss and ejection. I feel Cal needs to lay off a little and not come down on the guys for their every little move. Sometimes it is better to just play and coach from that. Eventually players become worried about what they do and it takes them out of their own game.

That has always been my biggest beef with Cal's coaching. He gets so darn emotional and yanks guys without even thinking sometimes.

Edited by bugatti

I wish anyone else would have written the article because I'd be interested in reading it. However, because it was Pat Forde, I refuse to give him any extra clicks. I very much shoot the messenger in this case.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.