Sweet 16 Look Ahead....

Just for fun, I took the highest ranked team from each region (BGP ranking), and the team with the best record (as of today, made no concession for future games, so a lot could change obviously) in the 6 regions with no one ranked, and dropped them into the Sweet 16 bracket. Here is how it would look today, assuming straight chalk in every region (which I know never happens):

Collins

Hoptown

Ballard

Owensboro

Scott Co

Fleming Co

MoCo

Betsy Layne

St. Mary's

Wayne Co

PCC

Warren Central

E-Town

PRP

Jackson Co

NewCath

============

While only a couple of 1st round matches look super-competitive, certainly would set up for some doozies in Round 2.

Obviously a lot can change, and we all know not every "best" team on February 6th will win the Region, but gives you an idea on what "might" happen in March.

Ballard, while I believe comfortably the best team in KY, will have a stern test in Round 2 and beyond.

PRP, while having to deal with the 9th winner in round 2, still appears to have a far more favorable route to the title game.

You have Perry Central winning the 14th and playing Warren Central, per the BGP rankings, and that's not a bad choice due to the region being played at PCC. Plus they're pretty darn good, especially with a healthy Beverly back. But the 14th is going to be a shoot out between PCC, KCC, Cordia, and Hazard. I hope the district draws come out in a way that these four are in the semifinals (the 54th district has a blind draw, so Hazard and PCC may draw each other in the first round). It would probably be the most balanced 14th regional tournament in history if those four make it that far.

I think Graves will win the 1st. Either way, if Wayne makes it I think they'll advance.

I wouldn't argue with you picking any of the top 3. I think it will be one of them. Marshall and St Mary could beat any of the 3 on a given day I think though. First will come down to matchups in the Regional tournament. McCracken seems to have trouble with Calloway size. Graves seems to have trouble with McCracken guards. Graves handled Calloway early in season but Calloway is still fairly young. Who gets put on same side of region draw could determine outcome.

Using the teams you have here I will go with the following:

Hopkinsville

Ballard

Scott County

Montgomery County

Wayne County

Perry County Central

PRP

NewCath

Semifinals:

Hopkinsville

Scott County

Perry County Central

NewCath

Final:

Hopkinsville

NewCath

Champ:

Hopkinsville

I'm not really sure how you arrived at St Mary out of Region 1, but as wide open as it is I guess it doesn't really matter. I would probably rank the region something like this; Calloway, McCracken, Graves, Marshall, St Mary, Tilghman.

I think their region record is 12-1, which is, by pct points, currently the best. I was making no claims to whom I thought was the best, just went by record in region today. Sorry if I muddled that explanation.

You have Perry Central winning the 14th and playing Warren Central, per the BGP rankings, and that's not a bad choice due to the region being played at PCC. Plus they're pretty darn good, especially with a healthy Beverly back. But the 14th is going to be a shoot out between PCC, KCC, Cordia, and Hazard. I hope the district draws come out in a way that these four are in the semifinals (the 54th district has a blind draw, so Hazard and PCC may draw each other in the first round). It would probably be the most balanced 14th regional tournament in history if those four make it that far.

I just took the highest ranked (BGP) team today, and by one spot, that is PCC. Obviously, that region, like several others, will be a WAR.

I think their region record is 12-1, which is, by pct points, currently the best. I was making no claims to whom I thought was the best, just went by record in region today. Sorry if I muddled that explanation.

I understand. That record for St Mary is deceiving though since they haven't played Calloway, McCracken or Graves yet and lost their only matchup with Marshall. They play McCracken twice next week so that will give a nice read on where they stack up.

As a Warren Central fan, I hope that we can get past BG, and if that happens, I hope the 14th Region beats each other up.

As a Warren Central fan, I hope that we can get past BG, and if that happens, I hope the 14th Region beats each other up.

Just heard Hazard and PCC drew opposite brackets in the 54th district.

Should be a great game between the 4th and14th regions. I'll be pulling for all the mountain regions in their games.