Dixie Heights 81 Conner 62

Per Chev's twitter:

Hatton had 35 (on 11-13 shooting)

Rabe had 16 (3-3 from 3 point land)

Hedger had 12

Daria, Rabe and Schreck combined for 15 assists to 2 TO's

Dixie pulled starters with more than 3 minutes to go in the game.

Hatton is about 127 points away from breaking the 9th region scoring record.

Obviously I'm not the first to think this, and I won't be the last, but would just love to know how may career points Mr. Scott Draud would have had if all of his long range shots would've counted as 3's?

Brandon Hatton has had an amazing career, and one that comes around only once in great while, and I'd hate say anything that would take the spotlight away from him, as he truly deserves it.

With that said, I'm still going to forever have a hard time ever forgetting what footnote there is involved with breaking this record.

Obviously I'm not the first to think this, and I won't be the last, but would just love to know how may career points Mr. Scott Draud would have had if all of his long range shots would've counted as 3's?

Brandon Hatton has had an amazing career, and one that comes around only once in great while, and I'd hate say anything that would take the spotlight away from him, as he truly deserves it.

With that said, I'm still going to forever have a hard time ever forgetting what footnote there is involved with breaking this record.

I think the reverse argument could be made for Hatton. Folks should not just look at this "what if" scenario from one direction.

So, what if Hatton played during Draud's time? I would argue that he would have scored even more points against the inferior competition back then.

Today's game is more competitive than it was years ago. There are way more players putting time in today training and working on skills than back in the day. And this is true at every level and every sport... high school, college, nba, basketball, basell, football, etc...

For example, I seriously doubt Wilt would be able to put up 100 in today's NBA

Even with the cancellations last week Dixie has at least 10 and probably at least 12 games remaining.

If 127 is close to the number needed the record is still going down. Will need to average about 22 or so to get to 3000.

Are they not going to make up any of those games? I figured the Toyota Classic games won't be played, but what about the local ones?

Dixie has not missed any regular season games.

They had to forfeit the consolation game against PRP in the LexCath tourney and they had to withdraw from the Scott County tourney. I'm not sure that the games in the Scott County tourney will show up in their official record?

i would be curious to see how many attempts each player has had. i have seen hatton play about 10 times, he always seems to let the game come to him and never presses for shots. both tremoundous players!

I think your assumption that Draud shot a lot more than Hatton is correct. Draud's senior season FG attempts are in the top 10 in KHSAA history for one season.