Petrino is back at Louisville

HT721

It may put more fannies in the seats if not for anything more than to rag on Petrino. Hope the kids can weather the potential backlash home and away, but winning seems to heal wounds.

Much more will be made of it here in the state of Kentucky than elsewhere. That we can guarantee.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Much more will be made of it here in the state of Kentucky than elsewhere. That we can guarantee.

I would expect that because it's a UL/UK thing. However, I think there could be more made of it nationwide, just my opinion. I do wish Petrino luck, IF he is the hired head coach.

One thing I don't understand is all the Louisville talk about how UK is probably "freaking out" or "scared", etc....I mean, I thought UofL was past the point that UK mattered to them in football? Was I wrong?

Now you know when each has an open wound the other LOVES to pour salt in!

No problem with the hire.

VERY similar to what UK did with Cal I suppose. You're taking a chance on a guy hoping he can win more than he loses.

I can see that line of thinking, but I don't think Cal had a huge adultery moment blow up on him and he never quit a team he was coaching in the middle of a dismal season like Petrino did.

Thats because Barnhart is a man of character, where Jurich doesnt really care. Just win baby!

It surprises me that Jurich caved in to booster pressure. I thought that Louisville had elevated their program to a higher level than this. I can't imagine another top 25, or even top 50 type school who would still hire him.

And they're keeping Hurtt! :lol:

No one else can take him. I will give Hurtt some credit though, the type kids who are in Louisvile's program at this time seem to be cut from a different cloth than several that used to be in the program.

One thing I don't understand is all the Louisville talk about how UK is probably "freaking out" or "scared", etc....I mean, I thought UofL was past the point that UK mattered to them in football? Was I wrong?

When UK fans are posting/tweeting as much as Louisville fans about their coach, what does that say about the UK fans?

(Note: I'm not talking about on here. That's obviously why we are all here, to discuss these things.)

It surprises me that Jurich caved in to booster pressure. I thought that Louisville had elevated their program to a higher level than this. I can't imagine another top 25, or even top 50 type school who would still hire him.

I guess we are moving from "stepping stone" for first time head coaches, to "second chance" for disgraced coaches. I don't doubt he'll win. I just hope he stays long enough for us to be able to lure an HC when he leaves again. FWIW, maybe he will be thinking the grass is green enough right here in the 'Ville this time. At one point in an interview, he mentioned that leaving Louisville had been a mistake.

***sigh***

I can see that line of thinking, but I don't think Cal had a huge adultery moment blow up on him and he never quit a team he was coaching in the middle of a dismal season like Petrino did.

Just saying both have a little baggage and as long as they win, that baggage means nothing.

As far as adultery goes, we know the higher ups at UL don't hold coaches to a very high standard on that issue.... Bobby's issues come in a distant second to Pitino's drunken 15 seconds of pleasure in an Italian restaurant.

No but Cal did vacate two trips to the Final Four and we all know that BBN will forgive adultery if the banners keep coming in. If the banners get taken down then adultery would become an issue. We all know that nobody cares if Cal cheats on his wife just don't get caught cheating for the team.