Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Phil Robertson Suspended From A&E

Featured Replies

What I find funny is all the screaming and hollering and demanding Phil be put back on the show, when simply not watching the program will send the loudest message to A&E.

 

What do you want to bet that this week's episode will be the highest rated ever? roflmao.gif

  • Replies 524
  • Views 41.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jim's quote boils down to this: why is homosexuality seemingly the most frequently shamed sin amongst certain sects of Christians? Jesus was explicit about loving others, forgiveness, and chastised those who judged others. Why are these not the most closely associated beliefs of Christians? Furthermore, Jesus was very explicit about the evils of idolatry and greed, yet there is nary a controversy about these in the public sphere.

 

We often have lengthy threads about homosexuality, but seldom, if ever, other so called sins. Where is the incessant rebuke of these other sinners? Did Jesus call upon his followers to love or to judge?

 

I say this because I wonder how much of the rebuke of homosexuality is a product of our society rather than the literal teachings of Christ. It wasn't so long ago that many other things we now consider unacceptable were justified in the name of the Christian religion - slavery, for instance. How much of these responses are guided by the teachings of the religion or are justified by society through religion?

 

Not true I always put up posts calling out PP92 for his sin of rooting for the anti-christ in Kobe.

Excellent post! If you look at the seven deadly sins, most of us are guilty of a few, if not most.

 

Heck I might of created an 8th.

From a friend of mine on FB....

 

"Because of the recent rocketing sales of Duck Dynasty merchandise due to fans supporting Phil Robertson and what those license sales mean to their bottom line, A&E plans to suspend one Robertson every quarter."

Here is my reasoning behind stating A&E are hypocritical in this case.

In 2 days A&E is airing 35 straight hours of Duck Dynasty marathon, all shows where Phil was in will be aired in that marathon. After Jan 1st A&E will be airing 6 new shows all in which Phil is part of.

 

A&E is airing these episodes because they make a lot of money from these episodes.

 

So if A&E is suspending Phil, why on earth are they re-airing episodes that have PHil in them?

 

Can't convince me A&E isn't being very hypocritical in this situation.

In my opinion, the blame lies solely on A&E in this fiasco. They knew he was a loose cannon in interviews. Where was his handler during this interview? They don't just let guys like this walk in solo, especially for GQ. Their PR guys totally screwed up. I do think someone is going to get fired, but it's not going to be Phil Robertson. I'm not mad at the guy though. Those are his beliefs and he expressed them. I may not agree with all he said but I do like the show and I don't think he is a "bad" man; just uneducated. A&E likes this show too. It is the highest rated cable reality show ever. They have more reason to want this show on the air than the Robertsons. They were successful before Duck Dynasty not only with their duck calling business, but all the hunting shows, videos, merchandise, etc. related to Duck Commander. A&E screwed up royally.

Cracker Barrel has pulled DD products from their shelves.

Cracker Barrel has pulled DD products from their shelves.
I have a feeling that will hurt Cracker Barrel more than the Robertsons.

I don't understand the furor over this at all. Freedom of speech is a right, and he said his piece. Freedom from consequences is NOT a right, and A&E meted out consequences. And whether this action draws more viewers or loses viewers, that will be the consequence of their action. Everyday Joes have the same right of free speech and ACME Company can mete out the same action. This is only a big deal because 1) the guy is famous and 2) he is open in his faith. If he were agnostic, no one would be nearly as upset.

 

Move on people.

In my opinion, the blame lies solely on A&E in this fiasco. They knew he was a loose cannon in interviews. Where was his handler during this interview? They don't just let guys like this walk in solo, especially for GQ. Their PR guys totally screwed up. I do think someone is going to get fired, but it's not going to be Phil Robertson. I'm not mad at the guy though. Those are his beliefs and he expressed them. I may not agree with all he said but I do like the show and I don't think he is a "bad" man; just uneducated. A&E likes this show too. It is the highest rated cable reality show ever. They have more reason to want this show on the air than the Robertsons. They were successful before Duck Dynasty not only with their duck calling business, but all the hunting shows, videos, merchandise, etc. related to Duck Commander. A&E screwed up royally.
Phil has a Masters in Education I believe.

Everyone seems to think that it is A&E's "Right" to suspend or terminate Phil Robertson. So if any one is interviewed away from work and makes any comment that their employer doesn't agree with they can be fired?

 

I've not really bought the whole "they have the right to fire him", unless he did something like this during the performance of his job.

 

So if any of us were asked to speak to a group and said something that wasn't PC or against normal convention our employer could fire us? I don't buy it.

Would he be suspended or fired for saying that he feels abortion is a sin?

Everyone seems to think that it is A&E's "Right" to suspend or terminate Phil Robertson. So if any one is interviewed away from work and makes any comment that their employer doesn't agree with they can be fired?

 

I've not really bought the whole "they have the right to fire him", unless he did something like this during the performance of his job.

 

So if any of us were asked to speak to a group and said something that wasn't PC or against normal convention our employer could fire us? I don't buy it.

 

Yes, I can. In fact, in every one of my last 3 jobs' handbooks, there is a section that covers behavior/actions outside of work that can lead to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.

Would he be suspended or fired for saying that he feels abortion is a sin?

 

Good question. I lean no. Of course, it would depend on words used.

 

So if any of us were asked to speak to a group and said something that wasn't PC or against normal convention our employer could fire us?

 

Yes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.