December 20, 201312 yr What is wrong with being concerned about the bottom line? It's a risky move. Still not about religion though. Actually it is about religion. The entire problem with the interview for A&E was the part where Phil was explaining his religous beliefs. It had everything to do with religion. A&E based thier reasoning off of what Phil said, what did Phil say? He was speaking about his religious beliefs. If he wasn't there wouldn't be this issue in the first place. A&E may hide behind the fence of saying they didn't want to offend homosexuals and use that as their reasoning behind the suspension, but how and why did those comments come up in the first place? Because PHil was talking about his religous beliefs. Sorry Clyde, we will have to disagree on this point. I think it has everything to do with religion due to the fact that is what he was talking about at the time. It may have come off gruff, and I may not aagree with it, but I at the same time don't think a company has the right to suspend, or fire anyone for talking about their religoud beliefs when they are not at work. Phil was not at work.
December 20, 201312 yr Looks like the Robertsons are standing their ground with Phil and are discussing the shows future with A&E. They won't go on without their leader.
December 20, 201312 yr Actually it is about religion. The entire problem with the interview for A&E was the part where Phil was explaining his religous beliefs. It had everything to do with religion. A&E based there reasoning off of what Phil said, what did Phil say? He was speaking about his religious beliefs. If he wasn't there wouldn't be this issue in the first place. A&E may hide behind the fence of saying they didn't want to offend homosexuals and use that as their reasoning behind the suspension, but how and why did those comments come up in the first place? Because PHil was talking about his religous beliefs. Sorry Clyde, we will have to disagree on this point. I think it has everything to do with religion. 1. Religion 2. Profit 3. Publicity Which of those 3 is the #1 reason A&E did what they did?
December 20, 201312 yr 1. Religion 2. Profit 3. Publicity Which of those 3 is the #1 reason A&E did what they did? #2 all day
December 20, 201312 yr 1. Religion 2. Profit 3. Publicity Which of those 3 is the #1 reason A&E did what they did? They did it for profit, of course they did....does that mean it had nothing to do with religion? Does that also mean they were right? 1. Religious beliefs 2. Personal experience 3. Politically correctness Which of those three was Phil talking about when he made the statements about homosexuals?
December 20, 201312 yr Clyde made a great point and he is right when talking about why A&E did what they did. He is 100% right, they did it because of money period. At the same time, this has two sides to it. A&E's is all about profits, Robertsons side is all about Relgion. Afterall that is what he was talking about, his religious beliefs. It's a sad day when the bottom dollar trumps everything else in my opinion.
December 20, 201312 yr Clyde made a great point and he is right when talking about why A&E did what they did. He is 100% right, they did it because of money period. At the same time, this has two sides to it. A&E's is all about profits, Robertsons side is all about Relgion. Afterall that is what he was talking about, his religious beliefs. It's a sad day when the bottom dollar trumps everything else in my opinion. Bottom line has to be taken into consideration. There are lot of people earning an income because of the bottom line for A&E AND Phil and his family.
December 20, 201312 yr They did it for profit, of course they did....does that mean it had nothing to do with religion? Does that also mean they were right? 1. Religious beliefs 2. Personal experience 3. Politically correctness Which of those three was Phil talking about when he made the statements about homosexuals? My point is and always has been that this ENTIRE issue is $$. If they didn't think Phil's religious views would cause potential financial harm they wouldn't do a thing. Heck, if they thought it would ADD viewers and money they'd be out promoting his beliefs.
December 20, 201312 yr But we all represent our employer. I do to and if I get arrested off duty I can get fired and I don't have a contract. My stance is I don't see what Phil did as embarrassing A&e. He didn't do anything wrong. He didn't break a law. He simply relayed his religious beliefs that are written in the bible. Sorry Clyde but if anything that is religious persecution what A&E did. Not the other way around. What A&E did is follow the $. If it were more profitable for them, they'd support his religion no matter what is was if I were guessing. A&E is more than just Duck Dynasty. They have other shows that depend on advertisers. When people start boycotting anyone who advertises with the network, they are hurting. If every Christian in the US made a decision to boycott ALL of A&E's advertisers if they didn't immediately re-instate Phil and it was seen by A&E as something they'd follow through with, and that ended up meaning they'd make a better profit than they would from supporting the other side of the argument, you think for a minute they wouldn't immediately reinstate him? As far as A&E goes, nothing to do with religion; everything to do with $.
December 20, 201312 yr My point is and always has been that this ENTIRE issue is $$. If they didn't think Phil's religious views would cause potential financial harm they wouldn't do a thing. Heck, if they thought it would ADD viewers and money they'd be out promoting his beliefs. Actually the more I read and learn about the show and the family, I strongly believe that one of the reasons they are so popular is because of their religous beliefs and how they portray the family and religion as their core beliefs. I think unfortunatley for A&E is they don't reconsider their suspension it will cost them more than it would of if they didn't suspend him, just as I said in an earlier post.
December 20, 201312 yr Actually the more I read and learn about the show and the family, I strongly believe that one of the reasons they are so popular is because of their religous beliefs and how they portray the family and religion as their core beliefs. I think unfortunatley for A&E is they don't reconsider their suspension it will cost them more than it would of if they didn't suspend him, just as I said in an earlier post. You could be right. Risky.
December 20, 201312 yr What A&E did is follow the $. If it were more profitable for them, they'd support his religion no matter what is was if I were guessing. A&E is more than just Duck Dynasty. They have other shows that depend on advertisers. When people start boycotting anyone who advertises with the network, they are hurting. If every Christian in the US made a decision to boycott ALL of A&E's advertisers if they didn't immediately re-instate Phil and it was seen by A&E as something they'd follow through with, and that ended up meaning they'd make a better profit than they would from supporting the other side of the argument, you think for a minute they wouldn't immediately reinstate him? As far as A&E goes, nothing to do with religion; everything to do with $. We shall see, it's only been 2 days so far. I haven't heard so far of any advertisers being boycotted,m yet I have heardd people talking about boycotting A&E. Only time will tell.
December 20, 201312 yr We shall see, it's only been 2 days so far. I haven't heard so far of any advertisers being boycotted,m yet I have heardd people talking about boycotting A&E. Only time will tell. Well, A&E "suspended" him before this became such a hullabaloo. Not much incentive to boycott A&E there. I've seen a handful of posts/groups on facebook to the tune of "boycott A&E until Phil is back" or "bring Phil back," which they most certainly will once this fades. So, it sounds to me like they've more or less been successful in getting out in front of this. Not to mention they managed to divert almost all of the media attention away from his less defensible comments in the interview. I would also find it surprising if A&E hadn't discussed or coordinated this suspension charade with the Robertsons beforehand. Probably something like "we need to cool our heels while this blows over" rather than calling him to the principal's office for an earful. I'll also add that I'm not defending A&E here. I'd much prefer a corporation have a spine or some principles they would stand for, even if it hurt their profits every now and then. But since most all corporations don't have morals or ideals their logic here is fairly plain to see. Edited December 20, 201312 yr by Habib
December 20, 201312 yr According to the reply posted by this family, you may just have seen the end of Duck Dynasty and A & E. If that is truly the case the network may have made a catastrophic decision.
December 20, 201312 yr According to the reply posted by this family, you may just have seen the end of Duck Dynasty and A & E. If that is truly the case the network may have made a catastrophic decision. Do you think that A&E will cave if the rest of the family is willing to walk away?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.