Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 79 Providence 65

Featured Replies

They played like they cared tonight... and from the tip. Refreshing and encouraging.

It seems like Poythress is still not playing with confidence. He's making too many turnovers and is hesitant on many of his decisions. If he doesn't pick it up a little more his minutes are going to shrink as the season moves along.

This team is starting to figure things out. Tonight was their most complete game in 2 years.

Cats getting a lot of good minutes from Hawkins.

 

I agree.

With Andrew H. on the bench most of the night, I really liked the way the team responded. Another positive in my eyes.

Apparently in the post game someone asked Cal if he was worried about UK's offensive rebounding. Only having 7 tonight, Cal laughed and said it was because they shot the ball so well that they didn't have a lot of opportunities. I went and looked at the stat sheet and the Cats only missed 15 shots on the night which means they almost got half of the rebounds off their missed shots. I'm more than ok with that when they're shooting 64% from the field. Just need to keep the opposing team from getting second chance points as well.

Very nice game. The Cats showed toughness in winning convincingly in a semi-hostile gym. They were favored by only 4.5. It looked to me like they had more run-out opportunities last night than ever before this season, although many were unconverted. As good a rebounding team as UK is becoming, fast break baskets could be quite a complement to their offensive production. IMO, UK (like a lot of teams) relies too much on the lob when finishing a break. A nice bounce pass can work wonders. How many bad passes did Poythress throw? WCS might be the beneficiary of more attention being shown to Julius. Those two can be really good together. I liked Young's offense but he needs to improve his wing defense.

UK shoots 64% and providence was 9-50 something on two point attempts. How was it not a 40 point game?

Beyond that 9-50 number, which was a result of UK's defense, Providence played about as flawless of a game as you can.

Apparently in the post game someone asked Cal if he was worried about UK's offensive rebounding. Only having 7 tonight, Cal laughed and said it was because they shot the ball so well that they didn't have a lot of opportunities. I went and looked at the stat sheet and the Cats only missed 15 shots on the night which means they almost got half of the rebounds off their missed shots. I'm more than ok with that when they're shooting 64% from the field. Just need to keep the opposing team from getting second chance points as well.

 

It baffles me with some of the dumb questions that come from media members.

It baffles me with some of the dumb questions that come from media members.

 

Come on man there's a lot of dumb people out there, some of them even have cool jobs. I think some of those questions are for effect bc they have an idea of how a coach will answer.

I'm ready for the rest of the season. Just got my Nerf bricks to throw a the TV. :banana:

I failed to mention the Cotton kid from Providence. He's a heck of a player.

I see Hawkins as Polson but with a better offensive game. Cal knows he can count on him to come in, play hard, not make stupid mistakes, and play solid defense.

Well my wife and I had one heck of a time in NYC(Brooklyn) to watch the Cats. I am so happy they decided to play a complete game for once. The Barclays center was one of the best venues that I have ever watched a basketball game. That place is the shizzzz! Kudos to Brooklyn for being such great hosts......

Well my wife and I had one heck of a time in NYC(Brooklyn) to watch the Cats. I am so happy they decided to play a complete game for once. The Barclays center was one of the best venues that I have ever watched a basketball game. That place is the shizzzz! Kudos to Brooklyn for being such great hosts......

 

Very cool. Glad you had a great trip. I would love to check out the Barclays center. Probably the best collection of basketball played there this season. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.