October 6, 201312 yr I read this and I thought , when did he switch from The NBA to the NFL:o Must be OJs brother lol
October 6, 201312 yr I read this and I thought , when did he switch from The NBA to the NFL:o Sorry man it was Jarod Mayo. Good catch!
October 7, 201312 yr Prediction - when Andrew Hawkins returns, Dalton starts looking better. I don't think Sanu or Jones get much playing time on most NFL teams. Defenses can take any receiver, including Green, out of the game. I am not defending Dalton. I agree, he is throwing his NFL career out the door each week. But I also think the Bengals receivers are weak. Have you gone to the any of the games this year? Because if you do you can really get a good look at how everything develops. I have been to each of the home games and I sit in the lower end zone. From the end zone you can see the whole play develop. Sanu and Jones both actually get pretty good seperation a lot. However Dalton is very poor at looking at his #2 or 3 reads, if his #1 read is not there then usually he goes straight to the check down. There was one play today that Green burnt his man deep, but Dalton looked at someone else first and then went straight to the check down. I do think with a better QB that would see that these other guys are getting open by NFL standards.
October 7, 201312 yr The coaching was so bad again today. Really starting to get laughable. What part of the coaching was bad today? Great defensive game plan, Marvin actually being aggressive and going for the touchdown on 4th down instead of settling for a field goal was smart. Then running the ball on 3rd and 2 to keep the clock running, instead of having your QB throw a ball in the rain. With how your defense was playing today and with it raining that was smart. Remember people killed Marvin in Chicago for passing the ball at the end of the half that ended up being incomplete and gave the Bears time for a field goal. Imagine the outrage if they throw an incomplete and gives Tom Brady more time. Marvin is the worst game manager in the NFL, there is no doubt about that. However today he actually played it pretty well with how he did things.
October 7, 201312 yr They weren't moving the ball on the ground with the law firm. 19 carries for 60 yards is nothing to write home about. I think Marvin just wanted to run time off the clock before punting the ball but Belichick used his timeouts (which he had because unlike Marvin, he knows how to time manage) and the Bengals were only able to run 27 secs off the clock before giving the ball back. That is why they should of tried to get a first down. Having Dalton drop back to pass when it was raining, when your defense has played great all game? With it raining like it was, and it being I believe 3rd and 2 which means they gained 8 yards running on the first 2 downs. I believe he definitely made the right decision, making Brady have to lead a drive against the defense in the rain. Now typically though I agree that if you have a chance to end the game, without giving the ball back you should be more aggressive. However with the conditions today, and how the defense was playing I actually agreed with it. He is still terrible at game management, but today was not to bad for once.
October 7, 201312 yr That was about as text book a defensive performance as you will see given the offensive slant the rules create today. DL dominated the point of attack, LBs were solid in space and the back 4 kept pretty much everything in front of them. You really can't draw it up any better than Zimmer and his guys did today...
October 7, 201312 yr What part of the coaching was bad today? Great defensive game plan, Marvin actually being aggressive and going for the touchdown on 4th down instead of settling for a field goal was smart. Then running the ball on 3rd and 2 to keep the clock running, instead of having your QB throw a ball in the rain. With how your defense was playing today and with it raining that was smart. Remember people killed Marvin in Chicago for passing the ball at the end of the half that ended up being incomplete and gave the Bears time for a field goal. Imagine the outrage if they throw an incomplete and gives Tom Brady more time. Marvin is the worst game manager in the NFL, there is no doubt about that. However today he actually played it pretty well with how he did things. Well FC you are correct on all of this, except Marvin. I do not believe he is the worse game manager. Did you watch Garrett again today and Rivera isn't stellar either. I don't think Marvin is great but he is not the worst.
October 7, 201312 yr Well FC you are correct on all of this, except Marvin. I do not believe he is the worse game manager. Did you watch Garrett again today and Rivera isn't stellar either. I don't think Marvin is great but he is not the worst. He is the worst because he has consistently been a bad game manager for 10 years. Those guys at least they haven't been doing it for 10 years, so you would think that would eventually get better. However Marvin has been pretty bad at it for 10 years now, so yes he is the worst. Shoot we have already seen it a few times this season, and possibly even cost them the Chicago game. The other aspects of coaching I think he does pretty well, but as a game manager its pretty bad. However today I agree with what he did, and would have agreed even if it didn't work.
October 7, 201312 yr It's nice to see the defense was able to weather the storm. I thought Rodgers would lead GB to victory on their last drive and thought Brady would do the same today for the tie. Props to the defense, it has to be satisfying to know you held a Tom Brady led team to no offensive scores.
October 7, 201312 yr I'm currently in the mountains of North Carolina where there is no cell service what so ever. We lost it right as the Bengals scored their only TD of the game. About 2 hours later as I'm walking thru the lobby of the resort looking for a tv to find the score when one of the employees noticed my orange Bengals shorts and in passing said "nice win today". It caught me completely off guard but as soon as it registered what he was saying I think I was smiling ear to ear.
October 7, 201312 yr It's nice to see the defense was able to weather the storm. I thought Rodgers would lead GB to victory on their last drive and thought Brady would do the same today for the tie. Props to the defense' date=' it has to be satisfying to know you held a Tom Brady led team to no offensive scores.[/quote'] And broke his TD streak as well as his fewest points in a game while a Patriot. That's certainly something to hang your hat on.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.