Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 13 Patriots 6

Featured Replies

What does everyone think about not using Bernard on that last series? I know he had the fumble the series before but if I am running it every down and the other team knows I am running it, I like my chances at getting a first down more with Bernard than the law firm. No doubt go with Bernard on first down and then use Ellis if you get to short yardage.

 

I had no problem with BJGE, experience was needed there.

  • Replies 115
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was at the game and agree that Dalton played better, but I also agree he has a problem with progressions. He is either #1 or the checkdown, not much in-between. He missed a wide open uncovered Sanzenbacher on a one play that would have been an easy 6, but Dalton didn't even look that way. Regarding the monsoon...don't think I have ever been in a rain storm that hard that fast where I didn't make an effect to get out of it!

 

You have to be impressed with Bengals fans. From what I could see on TV, it looked like everyone stayed where they were and rode that storm out with the team. :clap:

You have to be impressed with Bengals fans. From what I could see on TV, it looked like everyone stayed where they were and rode that storm out with the team. :clap:

 

It was an absolute deluge and I never thought about leaving. The temperature made it a lot more bearable. Most people were as prepared as you could be due to the predictions, however, there was no way to stay completely dry.

It was an absolute deluge and I never thought about leaving. The temperature made it a lot more bearable. Most people were as prepared as you could be due to the predictions, however, there was no way to stay completely dry.

 

You have to be impressed with Bengals fans. From what I could see on TV, it looked like everyone stayed where they were and rode that storm out with the team. :clap:

 

My poor wife was with me for only her third ever NFL game (not a huge sports fan at all). She had a little bit of a cold going in, but she was having a good time because the weather was so good for most of the game. When the monsoon hit, she zipped up her raingear and cheered with all of us. When Brady threw that last INT and the crowd was going nuts, she said softly, "Now can we go?" I said, "Absolutely not, the Bengals have to do a kneel down first!" (ok, just kidding, I didn't say that).

Called one b/c they had 10 guys in on a play according to the broadcast. Called another one after an unexplained stoppage where they had forever to call a play and the ref warned them they would start the play clock with 6 seconds. Also on that play they let it get down to 6 for no reason before the stoppage.

 

You do realize that Marvin ran down to the ref with 18 seconds on the play clock still, and was telling him the wanted a timeout once it got down to 1. They were wanting the game clock to run, that is why the ref had to start it back up at 6 since the clock had stopped. They had just put together a long 92 yard drive, and was trying to make sure their players were rested and were prepared because they needed to finish that touchdown drive.

 

For this game at least his game management was actually fine.

You do realize that Marvin ran down to the ref with 18 seconds on the play clock still, and was telling him the wanted a timeout once it got down to 1. They were wanting the game clock to run, that is why the ref had to start it back up at 6 since the clock had stopped. They had just put together a long 92 yard drive, and was trying to make sure their players were rested and were prepared because they needed to finish that touchdown drive.

 

For this game at least his game management was actually fine.

 

We disagree that running out of time outs in a one score game is fine.

I agree, why didn't they sign Josh Freeman?! :ohbrother:

 

Yeah that's what I said. In the comparison I said he and Manning was an interesting debate a couple years ago. Same exact thing as comparing him to Freeman.

Yeah that's what I said. In the comparison I said he and Manning was an interesting debate a couple years ago. Same exact thing as comparing him to Freeman.

 

I didn't say you compared him to Freeman. You said, and I guote, "How good is Tom Brady any more?" My point, if you (or anyone else for that matter, although I expect the number is VERY small) think Tom Brady has lost it (which can be inferred from your question), then maybe the Pats should have signed a veteran back-up as insurance.

We disagree that running out of time outs in a one score game is fine.

 

It was a one score game and about to be a two score game with less than 6 minutes left when they used their last timeout. You don't just save timeouts to save them, you use timeouts when it is important. You were up a score and about to be up 2 scores, when else would you expect you would need a timeout? Say if the Pats did go down and tie it up, there wouldn't have been time left anyways for the Bengals to have a chance. Your looking for something that was not there this time.

It was a one score game and about to be a two score game with less than 6 minutes left when they used their last timeout. You don't just save timeouts to save them, you use timeouts when it is important. You were up a score and about to be up 2 scores, when else would you expect you would need a timeout? Say if the Pats did go down and tie it up, there wouldn't have been time left anyways for the Bengals to have a chance. Your looking for something that was not there this time.

 

I believe it was the 4th and goal, maybe the 3rd and 5 play when he called one. Do not forget they botched a play last week in Cleveland when no one was on the same page and they were stopped on 4th and 1 inside the 10. I believe making sure you have it correct this time was pretty darn important.

I didn't say you compared him to Freeman. You said, and I guote, "How good is Tom Brady any more?" My point, if you (or anyone else for that matter, although I expect the number is VERY small) think Tom Brady has lost it (which can be inferred from your question), then maybe the Pats should have signed a veteran back-up as insurance.

 

Right how good is he and then I said Peyton Manning (one of the greatest of all time) is distancing himself from Brady. Not Brady is bad go get Freeman. I asked a question.

I believe it was the 4th and goal, maybe the 3rd and 5 play when he called one. Do not forget they botched a play last week in Cleveland when no one was on the same page and they were stopped on 4th and 1 inside the 10. I believe making sure you have it correct this time was pretty darn important.

 

They get 3 time outs. That was 1 of the 3 they called.

Right how good is he and then I said Peyton Manning (one of the greatest of all time) is distancing himself from Brady. Not Brady is bad go get Freeman. I asked a question.

 

The bolded is not only hyperbole, it's highly debatable.

The bolded is not only hyperbole, it's highly debatable.

 

Should have said this season only.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.