October 7, 201312 yr What part of the coaching was bad today? Great defensive game plan, Marvin actually being aggressive and going for the touchdown on 4th down instead of settling for a field goal was smart. Then running the ball on 3rd and 2 to keep the clock running, instead of having your QB throw a ball in the rain. With how your defense was playing today and with it raining that was smart. Remember people killed Marvin in Chicago for passing the ball at the end of the half that ended up being incomplete and gave the Bears time for a field goal. Imagine the outrage if they throw an incomplete and gives Tom Brady more time. Marvin is the worst game manager in the NFL, there is no doubt about that. However today he actually played it pretty well with how he did things. How many time outs did they burn in the second half? The game plan was great I'll give them that. Also cutting by far their best full back was dumb. Pecko is not a full back.
October 7, 201312 yr It's nice to see the defense was able to weather the storm. I thought Rodgers would lead GB to victory on their last drive and thought Brady would do the same today for the tie. Props to the defense, it has to be satisfying to know you held a Tom Brady led team to no offensive scores. There is no doubt what unit you want on the filed in a one score game. Give me the D with a chance to make a game winning stop rather than the O needing to make a game winning score all day every day.
October 7, 201312 yr I know most will refuse to admit it because it doesn't fit their narrative, but outside of the inexcusable INT early, Dalton played a good game yesterday. He made some very big throws and put it right on the money right when he needed to. With the defense this team has, Dalton's job is to manage the game and not turn it over. He did that yesterday.
October 7, 201312 yr I know most will refuse to admit it because it doesn't fit their narrative, but outside of the inexcusable INT early, Dalton played a good game yesterday. He made some very big throws and put it right on the money right when he needed to. With the defense this team has, Dalton's job is to manage the game and not turn it over. He did that yesterday. He would be lucky to beat any other team in the league with 13 points, too.
October 7, 201312 yr He would be lucky to beat any other team in the league with 13 points, too. He beat the team he was playing, which is all that matters. He played a fine game yesterday.
October 7, 201312 yr He beat the team he was playing, which is all that matters. He played a fine game yesterday. He also put up 6 points on the Cleveland Browns last week but that doesn't fit your argument so let's sweep that under the rug. Five of the next seven games are on the road, so we'll have a better feel for Dalton after that.
October 7, 201312 yr He also put up 6 points on the Cleveland Browns last week but that doesn't fit your argument so let's sweep that under the rug. Five of the next seven games are on the road, so we'll have a better feel for Dalton after that. You have no clue. I said he was atrocious against the Browns, he was. I'm not going to get on here and rag on him every single game, whether it's warranted or not, just because I don't like him. He played fine yesterday. To say otherwise is just ridiculous.
October 7, 201312 yr If the Bengals would have lost yesterday, I would have wanted to punch Gruden in the face for one thing. On 3rd and goal from the one, needing a TD more than anything in the world, they send their defensive tackle/full back IN MOTION??????? So, Peko goes in motion towards the line and doesn't stop until he reaches the line. Why? Why not put the actual fullback in motion? . Why put someone in an unfamiliar position to perform an unfamiliar task in such an intense situation?
October 7, 201312 yr If the Bengals would have lost yesterday, I would have wanted to punch Gruden in the face for one thing. On 3rd and goal from the one, needing a TD more than anything in the world, they send their defensive tackle/full back IN MOTION??????? So, Peko goes in motion towards the line and doesn't stop until he reaches the line. Why? Why not put the actual fullback in motion? . Why put someone in an unfamiliar position to perform an unfamiliar task in such an intense situation? I don't think he put him in motion....I think Peko got the snap count wrong, and started as if the ball had been snapped. If he did put him in motion, that's ridiculous. They don't have an actual fullback. They cut him in preseason.
October 7, 201312 yr You have no clue. I said he was atrocious against the Browns, he was. I'm not going to get on here and rag on him every single game, whether it's warranted or not, just because I don't like him. He played fine yesterday. To say otherwise is just ridiculous. Thanks man :thumb:
October 7, 201312 yr Thanks man :thumb: Sorry, wasn't meant as a shot at you. Meant that you have no clue as to what I said about that Browns game. Didn't word it right at all. I apologize.
October 7, 201312 yr I don't think he put him in motion....I think Peko got the snap count wrong, and started as if the ball had been snapped. If he did put him in motion, that's ridiculous. They don't have an actual fullback. They cut him in preseason. Agree, that happened right in front of us in our end zone we sit in. I watched the replay a couple of times on the video board and in no way was Peko supposed to be moving forward. He just starting moving forward when he wasn't supposed to. A major brain fart on his part. Be nice to have John Conner pushing through that line in that situation. I thought for sure we were kicking for 3 but when NE lined the D on 3 down the middle was wide open for Dalton to run. Honestly I couldn't believe he didn't get in. I give the Bengals credit for pushing that ball across the goal in that situation. I have seen it way too many times where we just settle for the FG.
October 7, 201312 yr ............ Okay, let's put a bow on this conversation about Dalton...once (I hope) and for all. Can we all agree that Ron Jaworski a) knows more about this topic than any of us; b) watches more tape on these guys than any of us; c) has more and better access to NFL personnel people than any of us? His up-to-date rankings (before this weekend): * Tannehill at 17 * Dalton at 18 * Cam at 19 * Locker at 24 * Hoyer at 26 * Manuel at 27 * Ponder at 28 * Geno Smith at 29 * T. Pryor at 31 * Weeden unranked but was at 26 before the season NFL - Peyton Manning climbs as Eli Manning plummets in Jaws' QB rankings - ESPN
October 7, 201312 yr Sorry, wasn't meant as a shot at you. Meant that you have no clue as to what I said about that Browns game. Didn't word it right at all. I apologize. I knew what you meant, I'm just kidding around with you a little. Yesterday was a big win for the Bengals. I'm anxious to see how they do in this next stretch.
October 7, 201312 yr I know most will refuse to admit it because it doesn't fit their narrative, but outside of the inexcusable INT early, Dalton played a good game yesterday. He made some very big throws and put it right on the money right when he needed to. With the defense this team has, Dalton's job is to manage the game and not turn it over. He did that yesterday. He wasn't bad except for the pick. Not sure I would say he was that good though. They had 6 points in 3 quarters after posting 6 all week last week so it's not like he was good. You are right that they seemingly are built for him to just not be bad and they have a chance to win.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.