Henry Clay 73 Scott County 65

Scott Co. has lost @ Lex. Catholic, @ Bryan Station, and now @ Henry Clay. 11th region looks completely wide open to me. Not sure how you can name any team the favorite. Throw Scott Co, Lex Cath, Bryan Station, Henry Clay, Lafayette, Mad Central, Tates Creek, Dunbar, LCA, in a hat and who knows you comes out of this region. Franklin or Woodford will be no pushover for a district champion out of the 42nd, 43rd, or 44th either.

I didn't figure in the loss of Reid Brown when saying Catholic was the favorite, however that will change if he is gone for the year. However they have won 13 straight games and seem to be the only consistent team in the 11th right now. They also have a head coach who i would put in the top 5 in the region which come tourny time will be a luxury.

In responding to thepeopleschamp post # 20, I do like Lexington Catholic's basketball team. I have watched many of their kids over the years. If Reid Brown is out for the year I think they have lost their differentiator. They have plenty of depth, but with basketball being a game of matchups, it is only speculation how they matchup with the public schools in Fayette County and others in the 11th Region. Yes, they have won 13 straight , with quality wins against Scott Co. and Cov Cath. The rest of their schedule has not been as difficult as many of the other teams in the 11th. I say to the public schools in the 11th, END THE BOYCOTT. Let LC in on the regular season fun of beating up on one another. With a blind draw they may not make it out of their district. Who do they play first round anyway?

Scott Co. got off to a slow start, and spotted Henry Clay 11 points at halftime. Scott Co. fought back and tied the game up with about 4 minutes left and then they couldn't get any closer. Tough week for the Cards, but they will bounce back tomorrow against Sayre. Billy will have them ready for districts.

I didn't know it was possible to get any closer than tied. :D

Is Dunaway a legit D1 prospect? If so who is he getting offers from? I ask this because there are 2 players in the 15th who I think are pretty comparable to him and get no pub statewide. I've only saw Dunaway play a couple of times and was very impressed. I know people are gonna call me crazy but imo Brad Lowe from Pike Central and Brandon May from Sheldon Clark are both very similiar players. Lowe avgs close to 30 pts a game, he's at the top of the state in 3's, he's 6'3 and is pretty athletic, May avgs 20pts and 10rbs and 2.6 3's a game, he is 6'3 and pretty athletic as well. I know alot of the stats for kids in the mtns are inflated because of the competition they play against and with but these 2 kids could get 20 a game for anybody in the state trust me. I know Dunaway is in everybody's top 5 players and prospects while May is ranked 87th and Lowe isnt even listed in the top 100 on another prep site for KY, How is that? I'm from the mtns but trust me I'm very realistic and I know that none of our teams could compete in the top regions in the state but there is a few players that can play w/anyone. It's unfair to these guys to be forgotten because they play on weak teams and in a weak region.

The 11th is absolutely loaded this year. Would there ever be any thought to expanding the sweet 16 to more teams? I don't think that it'll ever happen and not complaining but it is a shame that every year there are teams in really tough regions that don't get the chance to go to state over one bad game or draw.

In responding to thepeopleschamp post # 20, I do like Lexington Catholic's basketball team. I have watched many of their kids over the years. If Reid Brown is out for the year I think they have lost their differentiator. They have plenty of depth, but with basketball being a game of matchups, it is only speculation how they matchup with the public schools in Fayette County and others in the 11th Region. Yes, they have won 13 straight , with quality wins against Scott Co. and Cov Cath. The rest of their schedule has not been as difficult as many of the other teams in the 11th. I say to the public schools in the 11th, END THE BOYCOTT. Let LC in on the regular season fun of beating up on one another. With a blind draw they may not make it out of their district. Who do they play first round anyway?
Well put.