Who is the Reds' Next Manager?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few thoughts here: One if your Joe Morgan, or Larkin (names people keep throwing around) why would you leave what you're doing to come manage. Those dudes have it made. I just don't see them wanting to, or even Walt asking them. I feel the Reds are going to go all out with this hire with someone like Price, or a younger um proven manager as a back up option. I do not think Price would be bad, but nor great. Sometimes the guys like Price that have been under a manager get to see what works, and what doesn't work. To be honest I'm not familiar with any up and coming managers.

As mentioned before I just feel the Reds are gonna get a rock star per se i.e. Tony LaRussa. Guy is baseball royalty, and sees the game in a way that not most do. This would be one happy Reds fan if we landed him, but it doesn't seem likely. Girardi would be nice, but again from what I've read he wants to be a Cubby or Yankee. We'll see I just hope they don't flop in this hire, because the Reds definitely have the talent, and team to make a strong run at a WS. I firmly believe with the hire of a good manager, someone who is going to implement fundamentals, structure, and hold guys accountable that this team could be very succesful. We shall see...

My list would be-

1. Jim Leyland

2. Tony LaRussa

3. Joe Girardi

4. Mike Soscia

5. Jim Tracy

6. Clint Hurdle

7. Dusty Baker

Only two dudes on my list not employed are Jim Tracy and Dusty. Not a fan of Riggleman or Price. Need some energy and of my last 2, only Tracy has some swag.

My list would be-

1. Jim Leyland

2. Tony LaRussa

3. Joe Girardi

4. Mike Soscia

5. Jim Tracy

6. Clint Hurdle

7. Dusty Baker

Only two dudes on my list not employed are Jim Tracy and Dusty. Not a fan of Riggleman or Price. Need some energy and of my last 2, only Tracy has some swag.

1. Leyland - was given a contract extension by the Tigers.

2. LaRussa - said he has no interest in coaching again, said that since Baker was fired.

3. Girardi - has agreed to a 4 year contract extension with the Yanks

4. Soscia - has been retained by the Angels.

5. Tracy - no current job, would be a good fit for the red legs

6. Clint Hurdle - Pirates GM said he wants everyone back for next year.

7. Dusty Baker - well this same team just fired him, don't think they'll rehire him after firing him..

Pretty good list tho and any of those would be perfect fits if they were in need of a job.