Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is the Reds' Next Manager?

Featured Replies

I'm sure its all made up, but I've heard some rumors that LaRussa was in town yesterday.

  • Replies 145
  • Views 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was he in Anderson with a Sibcy Cline rep looking at houses?

I'm not gonna lie, if it's Price or Riggleman, I won't be happy.

 

I'm going to go with Brad Ausmus. Why? Because that's who I want them to hire.

I don't think Castellini will fire Baker and hire a first time manager. IMO, he will bring in a proven winner. I despise Larussa but he is a winner and I think that's who it will be.

I have to go with what MentschTrachtGottLacht says. He was certainly right on Baker.

...........

 

Bryan Price

 

Is this what you think, or what you've heard?

I don't think Castellini will fire Baker and hire a first time manager. IMO, he will bring in a proven winner. I despise Larussa but he is a winner and I think that's who it will be.

 

Sometimes new managers work out well....See Mike Matheny with the Cards and Joe Girardi when he took over the Marlins.

 

BTW, Bowden has now thrown out Jason Giambi and Orel Hersheiser to his list of potential targets. :lol2: At this point he's bound to have gotten it right.

I'm not gonna lie, if it's Price or Riggleman, I won't be happy.

 

I'm going to go with Brad Ausmus. Why? Because that's who I want them to hire.

 

That's a good reason. I'm just not sold on anyone in that list.

 

Here's my reason. I think you need someone with Baker's experience but is a little more demanding and holds them more accountable. I don't think someone with little or no managerial experience gives you instant respect in the clubhouse.

 

Honestly, I want a former catcher.

Sometimes new managers work out well....See Mike Matheny with the Cards and Joe Girardi when he took over the Marlins.

 

BTW, Bowden has now thrown out Jason Giambi and Orel Hersheiser to his list of potential targets. :lol2: At this point he's bound to have gotten it right.

 

And what position did they play?

Bowden is a turd in leather pants. As soon as he has enough time to list everyone who has ever played then he can say he was right.

And what position did they play?

 

Pretty sure Ausmus was a catcher.

My list:

 

Larussa (not likely to come out of retirement, IMO)

Matt Williams

Alan Trammell

Brad Ausmus

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.