Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is the Reds' Next Manager?

Featured Replies

My list:

 

Larussa (not likely to come out of retirement, IMO)

Matt Williams

Alan Trammell

Brad Ausmus

 

Not a fan of Trammell, wouldn't mind the rest.

  • Replies 145
  • Views 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

What about Mike Sciosia? I think I would be in favor of him coming to Cincy. After this year, he'd probably like a change also.

Riggleman had 3 winning seasons in his ML career. He managed for 12 years....

 

I will not like that hire. He bunts more than Dusty.

Same as Ausmus....

 

Yep. I'm trying to look for what Ausmus has been doing but this stupid job is interfering. Where is he now? Still Padres?

Management knows they can't screw this up. I think they will take their time, and the best possible choice will be made. I have faith in them

Yep. I'm trying to look for what Ausmus has been doing but this stupid job is interfering. Where is he now? Still Padres?

 

More than Matheney had been doing.

Then again Bob Boone was a bust. Not all catchers make good managers.

Charlie Manuel??

Yep. I'm trying to look for what Ausmus has been doing but this stupid job is interfering. Where is he now? Still Padres?

 

Yes. Somewhere in their organization. He always seemed like a very cerebral guy, and his name is constantly mentioned as a future mangerial star. He's young enough the players could relate to him, and he was always considered the leader of the Astros. Positive clubhouse guy, who would command the players respect.

Then again Bob Boone was a bust. Not all catchers make good managers.

Fact. It just seems like the majority of former catchers that manage are good ones.

Yes. Somewhere in their organization. He always seemed like a very cerebral guy, and his name is constantly mentioned as a future mangerial star. He's young enough the players could relate to him, and he was always considered the leader of the Astros. Positive clubhouse guy, who would command the players respect.

 

I'm leaning.

........

 

I think Ausmus will be a very good manager.....for the Cubs in 2014.

 

They've said he's not being considered...I think they want Girardi and are going all in on him.

They've said he's not being considered...I think they want Girardi and are going all in on him.

 

If the Yankees want him to stay, no way the Cubs get him.

 

Than again, the Yankees may not want him that bad.

What about Mike Sciosia? I think I would be in favor of him coming to Cincy. After this year, he'd probably like a change also.

 

For some reason I hadn't considered him. Might be an interesting choice.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.