Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why doesn't Highlands play Trinity every year?

Featured Replies

And, I don't mean a scrimmage. I ask because all I hear from T and Highland folks are how no one will play them and how hard it is for both of them to get there schedules filled. Apparently, T has been blackballed with the other Louisville schools, except the ones who have to play them and with exception of there district games, no one else in NKy wants to schedule Highlands. Both are great programs and have no issues going into other states, or 5 plus hrs instate to find games. Wouldn't it make more sense to play each other every year on a home and home basis instead of an Oh, Tn, Fl or In opponent? In addition, we'd eliminate about a third of the conversations on here about who the best team in Ky is.

 

Just curious why this isn't happening considering each teams troubles filling there schedules within a reasonable distance.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the over/under on number of replies to this thread in the first 24 hours? I'll set it at 75 but may have to adjust that number at the 12 hour mark....ready, set, GO!!!

 

:popcorn:

Just read private message 48 and my apologies for not getting back PP92

 

Good luck to BG as well this year and I hope you bring home your State Championship too:thumb:

What's the over/under on number of replies to this thread in the first 24 hours? I'll set it at 75 but may have to adjust that number at the 12 hour mark....ready, set, GO!!!

 

:popcorn:

 

7 hours later and still hearing the crickets...

Maybe the thread about SK being able to beat HHS has everyone amused and content for the moment.

7 hours later and still hearing the crickets...

Maybe the thread about SK being able to beat HHS has everyone amused and content for the moment.

 

It's because Highlands fans don't want to admit in public they want no part of T. It would go against their argument that schools are afraid to play the mighty Blubirds

Just read private message 48 and my apologies for not getting back PP92

 

Good luck to BG as well this year and I hope you bring home your State Championship too:thumb:

 

:lol:

 

These private message posts are excellent. I'm glad you finally read them. That's so awesome. :lol:

 

 

 

And thanks, sweep!!!!

Do we really have to go through this again? There are probably 10-15 threads on here about this subject...Go read them!!

It's because Highlands fans don't want to admit in public they want no part of T. It would go against their argument that schools are afraid to play the mighty Blubirds

 

Hahaha I love it that you logged on and got your morning going with a good ole cup of "Bluebird". Going to be a great day now!

And, I don't mean a scrimmage. I ask because all I hear from T and Highland folks are how no one will play them and how hard it is for both of them to get there schedules filled. Apparently, T has been blackballed with the other Louisville schools, except the ones who have to play them and with exception of there district games, no one else in NKy wants to schedule Highlands. Both are great programs and have no issues going into other states, or 5 plus hrs instate to find games. Wouldn't it make more sense to play each other every year on a home and home basis instead of an Oh, Tn, Fl or In opponent? In addition, we'd eliminate about a third of the conversations on here about who the best team in Ky is.

 

Just curious why this isn't happening considering each teams troubles filling there schedules within a reasonable distance.

 

 

How much fun would that be?

And, I don't mean a scrimmage. I ask because all I hear from T and Highland folks are how no one will play them and how hard it is for both of them to get there schedules filled. Apparently, T has been blackballed with the other Louisville schools, except the ones who have to play them and with exception of there district games, no one else in NKy wants to schedule Highlands. Both are great programs and have no issues going into other states, or 5 plus hrs instate to find games. Wouldn't it make more sense to play each other every year on a home and home basis instead of an Oh, Tn, Fl or In opponent? In addition, we'd eliminate about a third of the conversations on here about who the best team in Ky is.

 

Just curious why this isn't happening considering each teams troubles filling there schedules within a reasonable distance.

 

I will take a shot:

 

 

Given that teams in KY who want the bye week only have a single scrimmage, I think the scrimmage with Trinity is very important for Highlands in evaluating their team and personnel. In Trinity, Highlands knows what they will be getting. Trinity will be well coached, disciplined, prepared, their execution will be solid, they will allow the Birds to be tested in all aspects of the game, and there won’t be any dirty play, gamesmanship, or outright silliness. Furthermore they will have the same goals for the scrimmage as Highlands. I am sure there would be a few other KY schools (I don’t think scrimmaging an out of state opponent would work), that would be good scrimmage partners with Highlands, but my guess is the number would be few. In some (maybe many) ways finding the ideal scrimmage partner is more difficult than filling a schedule void.

I will take a shot:

 

Given that teams in KY who want the bye week only have a single scrimmage, I think the scrimmage with Trinity is very important for Highlands in evaluating their team and personnel. In Trinity, Highlands knows what they will be getting. Trinity will be well coached, disciplined, prepared, their execution will be solid, they will allow the Birds to be tested in all aspects of the game, and there won’t be any dirty play, gamesmanship, or outright silliness. Furthermore they will have the same goals for the scrimmage as Highlands. I am sure there would be a few other KY schools (I don’t think scrimmaging an out of state opponent would work), that would be good scrimmage partners with Highlands, but my guess is the number would be few. In some (maybe many) ways finding the ideal scrimmage partner is more difficult than filling a schedule void.

 

So...Cough, *loss-doesn't-count*, cough!

So...Cough, *loss-doesn't-count*, cough!

 

I think Highlands has played a big school Cincy team every year (exception being 2010) for quite some time. Although they have won a couple of those, they are always the underdog. They would never schedule those games if fear of a loss was the driving factor.

 

If Highlands cared about wins and losses their schedule would look more like Scott County's.:banana:

So...Cough, *loss-doesn't-count*, cough!

 

 

Does a loss stop HHS from winning state again,again,again,again,again,again,again etc? I believe what T and HHS have been doing is working for them.. Which is all that matters!!

I think Highlands has played a big school Cincy team every year (exception being 2010) for quite some time. Although they have won a couple of those, they are always the underdog. They would never schedule those games if fear of a loss was the driving factor.

 

If Highlands cared about wins and losses their schedule would look more like Scott County's.:banana:

 

Bingo Old bird! Hit the nail on the head. Nice talking to you last night. I will tell Coach Cal you said Hi..Lol

Does a loss stop HHS from winning state again,again,again,again,again,again,again etc? I believe what T and HHS have been doing is working for them.. Which is all that matters!!

 

Oh, I agree 100%. But the previous post seemed to imply Highlands wins state titles because they scrimmage Trinity and it helps prepare them, while playing them in a regular season game in October wouldn't prepare them the same way. Is that the implication? Would Highlands stop winning state titles if they scrimmaged someone else and played Trinity in the season? Because I don't believe that. Which I why I think that while it has something to do with preparation, it may have a little to do with wins and losses.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.