Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why doesn't Highlands play Trinity every year?

Featured Replies

If Highlands cared about wins and losses their schedule would look more like Scott County's.:banana:

 

That's funny!

  • Replies 67
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Highlands has played a big school Cincy team every year (exception being 2010) for quite some time. Although they have won a couple of those, they are always the underdog. They would never schedule those games if fear of a loss was the driving factor.

 

Maybe I'm playing devil's advocate here, but a loss to a Cincinnati school can be played off as just that, and it has nothing to do with who is best in Kentucky. A scrimmage loss can be chalked up as a learning experience, where numerous kids played different positions, where we tried some different things, and the result didn't really matter. However, a regular season loss to Trinity would eliminate any possibility of calling Highlands the best team in the state.

Edited by gchs_uk9

Oh, I agree 100%. But the previous post seemed to imply Highlands wins state titles because they scrimmage Trinity and it helps prepare them, while playing them in a regular season game in October wouldn't prepare them the same way. Is that the implication? Would Highlands stop winning state titles if they scrimmaged someone else and played Trinity in the season? Because I don't believe that. Which I why I think that while it has something to do with preparation, it may have a little to do with wins and losses.

 

Whats the difference between Trinity and Elder in Oct other than one saying who is the best team in the state which means nothing because they dont play each other for the state title.

And let me reiterate: I don't care if Highlands and Trinity play. It would be nice if they did, just because I'd like to see more of Kentucky's big boys play each other. And I don't necessarily blame Highlands if they don't want to play Trinity. But to say that wins and losses have no bearing on the decision just seems a little disingenuous.

It's because Highlands fans don't want to admit in public they want no part of T. It would go against their argument that schools are afraid to play the mighty Blubirds

 

Don't they already have "a part of T" by scrimmaging them? A scrimmage gives HHS none of the benefits from playing a Good Team well, but will certainly make headlines if T destroys them in a scrimmage. So I would say that a scrimmage shows they have no problem with having "A part of Trinity."

But a regular season loss to Trinity, however, would eliminate any possibility of calling Highlands the best team in the state.

 

You are assuming there is just one path to the "best team in the state title". They could go another direction, not scrimmage (or play) Trinity, and still lay claim to the "best team in state". This would be described as the "Purple Path to the Top". :D

And let me reiterate: I don't care if Highlands and Trinity play. It would be nice if they did, just because I'd like to see more of Kentucky's big boys play each other. And I don't necessarily blame Highlands if they don't want to play Trinity. But to say that wins and losses have no bearing on the decision just seems a little disingenuous.

 

I do agree...I would love to see them play Trinity in the regular season but they have just the same chance to lose to Trinity as they do Elder is all i was saying.

I do agree...I would love to see them play Trinity in the regular season but they have just the same chance to lose to Trinity as they do Elder is all i was saying.

 

And that's a great point, a fair point.

 

What I would love to see is some type of bowl game where Trinity, Highlands, Bowling Green and maybe St. X (or someone else) played each other. That would be great entertainment.

And that's a great point, a fair point.

 

What I would love to see is some type of bowl game where Trinity, Highlands, Bowling Green and maybe St. X (or someone else) played each other. That would be great entertainment.

 

Open up the season with it at Papa Johns....that would be nice!

You are assuming there is just one path to the "best team in the state title". They could go another direction, not scrimmage (or play) Trinity, and still lay claim to the "best team in state". This would be described as the "Purple Path to the Top". :D

 

Yea I think Trinity and Highlands should play to see who the 2nd best team is behind BG

And that's a great point, a fair point.

 

What I would love to see is some type of bowl game where Trinity, Highlands, Bowling Green and maybe St. X (or someone else) played each other. That would be great entertainment.

 

3 year deal...everybody plays each other once. Should I start working on that....what a ticket!

Yea I think Trinity and Highlands should play to see who the 2nd best team is behind BG

 

Hellbird has been hijacked by UkFan#1..:D

3 year deal...everybody plays each other once. Should I start working on that....what a ticket!

 

Sounds like the old Big 4 Classic in college basketball. :D

I like the Elder game. Much more interest locally, especially for us that work with people from Cincinnati. I think the draw is better also. I am going to the Elder game. I wouldn't go to a game in Louisville. I believe ST X came up here in 06 and played the Birds at PBS. If I remember correctly there were very few fans on the ST X side. Playing T would be neat, but like I said i prefer a GCL opponent. JMO.

Little birdies are part ducks! :D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.