Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

More Matney antics

Featured Replies

I know earlier in the year there was a lot of discussion when JC kicker Tyler Pack hit a state tying 58 yd Field Goal and how it was set up. On that day I can say it was legit.

 

But during tonight's JC game against Boyd Co. in an attempt to break the record Coach Matney had a player run 30 yds back and fall to set up an attempt at a 60 yd field goal. Quite possibly the poorest show of sportsmanship I have seen. For someone who wants the JC program to be respected, this isn't the way to do it.

  • Replies 99
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

I left before he could kick it, but I heard it was just short

Seriously, are you surprised? :lol2:

 

 

I love Jim to death, but some of the things he does makes me really question his common sense. Funny thing is, I truly believe he does things like this because he thinks he is doing something for the player's benefit. He loves those kids to death. I don't think he realizes how the perception of such an act will be to everyone else, or maybe he just don't care.

Matney is like "School in Summertime"

LOL is that a Fat Albert quote, JD?

LOL is that a Fat Albert quote, JD?

 

yep

  • Author
Seriously, are you surprised? :lol2:

 

 

I love Jim to death, but some of the things he does makes me really question his common sense. Funny thing is, I truly believe he does things like this because he thinks he is doing something for the player's benefit. He loves those kids to death. I don't think he realizes how the perception of such an act will be to everyone else, or maybe he just don't care.

 

I hope that's what it is but I just don't know. I'll go back next week I know that, I just want to see this program get respect and this does nothing but give it a black eye.

You know you're old when you quote the Fat Albert show

Matney is like "School in Summertime"

 

LOL is that a Fat Albert quote, JD?

 

yep

 

 

THIS IS WHY I LOVE BGP!!!!!

 

 

I'm so proud right now!!!!!!

 

#NoClass

I know earlier in the year there was a lot of discussion when JC kicker Tyler Pack hit a state tying 58 yd Field Goal and how it was set up. On that day I can say it was legit.

 

But during tonight's JC game against Boyd Co. in an attempt to break the record Coach Matney had a player run 30 yds back and fall to set up an attempt at a 60 yd field goal. Quite possibly the poorest show of sportsmanship I have seen. For someone who wants the JC program to be respected, this isn't the way to do it.

 

No one could have predicted this. :D

Serious question.

 

If Coach Matney is all about the kids, what about the kid who had to add a -30 yard rush to his stat line?

That's pathetic Coach. You can set a better example for your kids than this.

Serious question.

If Coach Matney is all about the kids, what about the kid who had to add a -30 yard rush to his stat line?

That kid is a team player ;)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.