Bishop Brossart 4 Bourbon County 1 (Boys)

Bourbon Co. takes the early lead on a laser shot, three minutes into the first half. The Mustangs take over at that point and score the next four goals from Jake Jennings, Drew Berkemeyer, Nick Dierig, and a PK by Josh Keuper. Three red cards for Bourbon Co. in this game, including one for the Bourbon Co. coach. Mustangs play Harrison Co. on Thursday night, while Bourbon takes on Holy Cross.

Explain the red cards............legit or a touchy ref?

The red cards on the player I felt were legit. Of course, I am rooting for the Stangs so maybe I could not see the play develop correctly through my rose colored glasses. The red card on the coach, I felt was touchy. One of his players had just been injured on a Stangs corner kick and the ball was still being kicked around. The ref was allowing play to continue and the players on both teams were calling for the ball to be put out of bounds. The Bourbon coach began screaming at the ref that one of his players was injured. The ref approached the coach, attempting to explain why he was allowing play to continue, while at the same time presenting a yellow card. When the coach commented that he did not care, the ref changed the color to red and pointed him off the field. The ref probably did the right thing. To me, it just seemed that the coach had concern for his player. Should he have said that he did not care that he was getting a yellow card? Probably not. Not a good example for your team.