60 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Highlands
    • University Christian

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Highland would beat this team but right now I think it is a toss up.

The talent on most Florida high school teams is rather impressive. The talent on UC team is even more impressive. A friend of mine from Jax told me that UC gets a lot of lower income students that are very talented football players. For some reason, a lot of them don't start attending UC until their junior or senior years. Florida's very liberal transfer rule makes it easy for them to transfer to UC. Someone mentioned they had 12 seniors transfer this year. Don't be fooled by their low roster numbers (give me 40 exceptional football players and I'll be just fine) or the fact that they weren't rated real high by MaxPreps or any other rating service (my guess is that any rating service had no clue who would be on the team at the time the rating was done). This game is going to be really tough and if Highlands wins by one point, I'll be quite happy. As Clyde mentioned, they return 3 all-staters and I'm not sure if that included any of the transfers.

Want to get some feel for the team speed for UC? Watch the highlight video posted above. Pay particular attention to the pulling O linemen and the D linemen. They are fast off the ball.

The talent on most Florida high school teams is rather impressive. The talent on UC team is even more impressive. A friend of mine from Jax told me that UC gets a lot of lower income students that are very talented football players. For some reason, a lot of them don't start attending UC until their junior or senior years. Florida's very liberal transfer rule makes it easy for them to transfer to UC. Someone mentioned they had 12 seniors transfer this year. Don't be fooled by their low roster numbers (give me 40 exceptional football players and I'll be just fine) or the fact that they weren't rated real high by MaxPreps or any other rating service (my guess is that any rating service had no clue who would be on the team at the time the rating was done). This game is going to be really tough and if Highlands wins by one point, I'll be quite happy. As Clyde mentioned, they return 3 all-staters and I'm not sure if that included any of the transfers.

Want to get some feel for the team speed for UC? Watch the highlight video posted above. Pay particular attention to the pulling O linemen and the D linemen. They are fast off the ball.

#55 on defense also was very fast. He had quite a few big plays from just winning the snap and penetrating. Seems like a great team to swith the cadence up frequently on.

To highlight this point, did you hear the pre-game talk in the 2012 state game video. It mentioned that last year UC's senior QB was an all-state running back as a junior. He was an all state running back for a different state championship team (4A) . Who knows - they may have a few more of these type athletes that will be suiting up this year.

Funny how most, not all, 98% lol, the people outside of the program think this is going to be a blowout. Why is it that the people within the program know better? Don't kid yourselves people. This is going to be a battle. I mean it's Saturday afternoon football on ESPNU. You don't think that UC isn't going to be stoked. This is why kids transfer to a school like UC. To play next level and this is a small taste with all the TV hoopla. And I can guarantee you HHS is going to pumped as well. As the crowd and fans. Going to be fun.

The blocking you saw in the video is how they play football in Florida. They do a fair amount of trash talking down there two, its a different animal than KY.

Go Birds!!!

Well then the "A" team of officials better be doing this one because the birds can get a little chirpy too. Best eat to handle a team like this is to get on the board 1st and keep them quiet.

Are the highlights from the state championship team? If so, how can you compare this year's team. Not discounting what you guys are saying, but I read on one particular forum that these guys were voted least likely to repeat as state champs. Now, to me, comparing last year's team to this year's team is like "apples/oranges". Does the coaching staff get a game tape of last year's squad or do they get a scrimmage video from this year? If the former, how can you prepare for a team that could be totally different from last year? Blowout win or no, most fans will still have no idea how Highlands will stack up to the rest of Kentucky until they play another Ky. opponent.

Edited by Whackem'n'Stackem'

Are the highlights from the state championship team? If so' date=' how can you compare this year's team. Not discounting what you guys are saying, but I read on one particular forum that these guys were voted least likely to repeat as state champs. Now, to me, comparing last year's team to this year's team is like "apples/oranges". Does the coaching staff get a game tape of last year's squad or do they get a scrimmage video from this year? If the former, how can you prepare for a team that could be totally different from last year? Blowout win or no, most fans will still have no idea how Highlands will stack up to the rest of Kentucky until they play another Ky. opponent.[/quote']

There is a lot to think about, lots of unknowns about players from UC. Probably very little knowledge about talent at the skill positions. I think Clyde mentioned an all state running back last year when the kid was a Sophomore. :scared: Birds need to make sure tackles on the first hit or it could be a long day. I think it's "game on" with the Birds winning a close one.