Duck Dynasty

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the show for the same reason I don't like a lot of shows. I can't relate to it. My wife made me give it a chance. I still didn't like it. This show is no different than Honey Boo Boo to me. I'll take Big Bang Theory and Family Guy reruns on TBS any day.
That's a bit of a stretch...all but 1 of the men on DD have a college degree and the other one spent 25 years in the Army. Their background is being self made successes, Honey Boo Boo was spawned for the most despicable show on TV Toddlers and Tiaras and I'm not sure anyone on HBB spell college let alone attend college.

I understand if it's not your thing, that's cool...BUT please do not compare Duck Dynasty to Honey Boo Boo and say they are the same. Kinda like saying Jay Z and LL Cool J are the same...:lol2:

I don't like the show for the same reason I don't like a lot of shows. I can't relate to it. My wife made me give it a chance. I still didn't like it. This show is no different than Honey Boo Boo to me. I'll take Big Bang Theory and Family Guy reruns on TBS any day.

Bazinga! Ball Pit Scene was an instant TV Classic!!!

That's a bit of a stretch...all but 1 of the men on DD have a college degree and the other one spent 25 years in the Army. Their background is being self made successes, Honey Boo Boo was spawned for the most despicable show on TV Toddlers and Tiaras and I'm not sure anyone on HBB spell college let alone attend college.

I understand if it's not your thing, that's cool...BUT please do not compare Duck Dynasty to Honey Boo Boo and say they are the same. Kinda like saying Jay Z and LL Cool J are the same...:lol2:

Both shows seem to celebrate the life of being a redneck. Knowing all the DD guys have college degrees seem to make the show even worse IMO. That would be like me having a tv show with my family and everytime you saw me I had my pants sagging and was wearing a wife beater and getting work done on my grill as I roll down in my Chevy Impala sitting on 30 inch chrome wheels while I am sipping on Gin and Juice. Laid back....with my mind on my money and my money on my mind. All the while having a very successful professional and personal life while being and acting in a professional manner 10-12 hours a day.

Is perpetuating the redneck stereotype worth the fame and fortune people who love them say they don't need? Obviously it is. I get the whole, they're smarter than they look and act bit. I get the whole don't judge a book by its cover theme that the show and their fans love to portray. At the end of the day I see and hear a bunch of people wearing shirts with dumb sayings on it and people who seemingly know better imitating that life. My motto is, stay in your lane. You ain't about that life.

Jay-Z and LL are the same. Jay-Z is just better at it. Much better. :lol:

Both shows seem to celebrate the life of being a redneck. Knowing all the DD guys have college degrees seem to make the show even worse IMO. That would be like me having a tv show with my family and everytime you saw me I had my pants sagging and was wearing a wife beater and getting work done on my grill as I roll down in my Chevy Impala sitting on 30 inch chrome wheels while I am sipping on Gin and Juice. Laid back....with my mind on my money and my money on my mind. All the while having a very successful professional and personal life while being and acting in a professional manner 10-12 hours a day.

Is perpetuating the redneck stereotype worth the fame and fortune people who love them say they don't need? Obviously it is. I get the whole, they're smarter than they look and act bit. I get the whole don't judge a book by its cover theme that the show and their fans love to portray. At the end of the day I see and hear a bunch of people wearing shirts with dumb sayings on it and people who seemingly know better imitating that life. My motto is, stay in your lane. You ain't about that life.

Jay-Z and LL are the same. Jay-Z is just better at it. Much better. :lol:

You know what's weird? I don't see the show as perpetuating the redneck stereotype. To me anyway, a redneck is someone that goes around looking for a fight (often drunk) and is a bigot. Which certainly does not describe the Robertsons. If they perpetuate any stereotype to me, it is of God fearing, family oriented, good old boys that like to hunt, fish and enjoy the outdoors much more than they like working. Which is a stereotype I can relate to easily.

You know what's weird? I don't see the show as perpetuating the redneck stereotype. To me anyway, a redneck is someone that goes around looking for a fight (often drunk) and is a bigot. Which certainly does not describe the Robertsons. If they perpetuate any stereotype to me, it is of God fearing, family oriented, good old boys that like to hunt, fish and enjoy the outdoors much more than they like working. Which is a stereotype I can relate to easily.

^This

These guys don't drink, don't have Rebel Flags, make Meth, or do any of 100 other Redneck stereotypes. They call themselves Rednecks but to most of is they'd just be the guy next door.

I think your first mistake is holding mods to a higher standard than the rest of the crazies on this site haha! I mean they let PP92 be a mod!

I keep forgetting to respond to this post. Here we go....

You trying to be funny?

#hater

^This

These guys don't drink, don't have Rebel Flags, make Meth, or do any of 100 other Redneck stereotypes. They call themselves Rednecks but to most of is they'd just be the guy next door.

Everybody is different. I guess I'm just too bourgeoise for Duck Dynasty. The vast majority of people that I know who are God-fearing, family oriented good old boys who like to hunt, fish and enjoy the outdoors much more than they like working don't look, talk or act like them.

If they perpetuate any stereotype to me, it is of God fearing, family oriented, good old boys that like to hunt, fish and enjoy the outdoors much more than they like working. Which is a stereotype I can relate to easily.

I sounds like Henry needs to check your neck and start a Yuppification process on you.