POY

Morgan Raymer very well could be the Player of the Year in the State not just the region. I dont know what alot of the other players around the state have done as a comparison, I do know that she has been vital to the success of the Bullitt East program this season. She may not be the best pitcher or best hitter but the fact she does both very very well has to put her in the running for sure. Id like to know how she stacks up against the rest of the contenders out there. Some of her stats:

Pitching

29-4 record

274 Ks

.99 ERA

Hitting

.436 AVG over 136 ABs

.770 Slugging %

8 HR and 39 RBI

Very impressive but as I said before dont know how that stacks up against the rest. Im sure there are pitchers with better stats and hitters with better but does anyone do both as well?

Morgan Raymer very well could be the Player of the Year in the State not just the region. I dont know what alot of the other players around the state have done as a comparison, I do know that she has been vital to the success of the Bullitt East program this season. She may not be the best pitcher or best hitter but the fact she does both very very well has to put her in the running for sure. Id like to know how she stacks up against the rest of the contenders out there. Some of her stats:

Pitching

29-4 record

274 Ks

.99 ERA

Hitting

.436 AVG over 136 ABs

.770 Slugging %

8 HR and 39 RBI

Very impressive but as I said before dont know how that stacks up against the rest. Im sure there are pitchers with better stats and hitters with better but does anyone do both as well?

Does the player of the year have to both pitch and hit?

Does the player of the year have to both pitch and hit?

Just my 2 cents, but IMO, you'd be hard pressed to find a better player in the state than Madyson Moran. I know she doesn't pitch and these things usually go to dominant pitchers, but Moran effects the game on both sides of the ball as much as any non-pitcher that I've ever seen. No offense to HC, but she made two plays in our game alone that kept a 3-1 game from being a blowout. And of course we never got her out! I like the kids that dominate on both sides of the ball.

I probably shouldn't do this but here are some stats.

Madyson Moran (Covingtion Holy Cross)

.720 BA 82/59

7 doubles

10 triples

12 home runs (easy could have 5 or 6 more if all games had 200 or 210 foot fences)

64 runs scored

34 stolen bases

I said this before also she has her scholarship bc of her defense, so she is one of the better defensive SS's in the state if not the country.

That being said I would say HC doens't play near the comp that a school like Bullit East does either but that surely isn't her fault.

Just my 2 cents, but IMO, you'd be hard pressed to find a better player in the state than Madyson Moran. I know she doesn't pitch and these things usually go to dominant pitchers, but Moran effects the game on both sides of the ball as much as any non-pitcher that I've ever seen. No offense to HC, but she made two plays in our game alone that kept a 3-1 game from being a blowout. And of course we never got her out! I like the kids that dominate on both sides of the ball.

I am starting to like these Highlands guys!! Thanks for the nice words!

.720 BA 82/59

7 doubles

10 triples

12 home runs (easy could have 5 or 6 more if all games had 200 or 210 foot fences)

64 runs scored

34 stolen bases

I said this before also she has her scholarship bc of her defense, so she is one of the better defensive SS's in the state if not the country.

That being said I would say HC doens't play near the comp that a school like Bullit East does either but that surely isn't her fault.

I don't know why you shouldn't post those numbers. Hell, I think you should post her career numbers! Same numbers year after year should earn her some recognition along with that D1 scholarship.

I don't know why you shouldn't post those numbers. Hell, I think you should post her career numbers! Same numbers year after year should earn her some recognition along with that D1 scholarship.

Maybe but you know some people act if you talk about a kid..

In softball its impossible to compare pitchers and position players. Most good pitchers are also very good hitters thus why most the awards go to pitchers and maybe rightful so.

I would like to see a player of the year and a pitcher of the year. Some times in our area at least, the 5th or 6th best pitchers are making all region teams over some of the best position players.

I am starting to like these Highlands guys!! Thanks for the nice words!

I don't post too often on the softball board, but I feel to promote a kid that does it day in and day out is okay! Fun to watch...hell to coach against...but fun to watch.

I actually use her as an example a lot for my young SS!

I don't post too often on the softball board, but I feel to promote a kid that does it day in and day out is okay! Fun to watch...hell to coach against...but fun to watch.

I actually use her as an example a lot for my young SS!

I know so that is even more appreciated, I think your young SS is going to be just fine!!

Maybe but you know some people act if you talk about a kid..

In softball its impossible to compare pitchers and position players. Most good pitchers are also very good hitters thus why most the awards go to pitchers and maybe rightful so.

I would like to see a player of the year and a pitcher of the year. Some times in our area at least, the 5th or 6th best pitchers are making all region teams over some of the best position players.

When did you start caring what people say?? ;) I agree, should be two separate awards. Position players often get the shaft because of awards usually going to pitchers.

Since these things are voted on by coaches, I think the further a player goes in the post season really has a large bearing on being selected POY. Getting to the Region final or to State seems to go hand in hand with POY.

Slightly off topic, I would love to see Morgan Raymer lead Bullitt East past Mercy and on to Owensboro, POY or not. She, and the rest of the BE team, are as blue collar and likeable on the field as they come. Not an arrogant or obnoxious one in the group, which is more than I can say for some other "super teams" stocked full of POYs and D1ers I've seen around KY.

BE has had a great season so far, a couple more wins could make this team special for sure IMO. I have no idea how awards are given or decided on just wanted to see how she compares to others who are having a great season. I think the best thing about Raymer is she is a Junior so still has another year ahead of her that could well be better than this season. I do like to hear about players that are getting it done on both offense and defense, especially those that dont get much attention for various reasons ( coaches, location, etc).

Another great SS I have seen this year is Michal Luckett at Scott County. Her D is rock solid, has a cannon arm and is a tough out at the plate. I know she is headed to Univ. of Evansville in the fall.

Good for her, I have heard good things about her but did not know her name, thanks for sharing.

.720 BA 82/59

7 doubles

10 triples

64 runs scored

34 stolen bases

By any chance did you borrow a pencil from BGH? I'm kidding of course. Those are some big time numbers. If she's not up for POY there should be an investigation.