May 27, 201313 yr Do we think Nell was trying to get a "sneak peak" at some high school girls breast???? Hell no she wasn't. Could she of handled the situation better??? Of course. But for the love of god, when we were in school :poop: like this happened all the time, and god forbid we go back to when our parents were in school. Parents now days need to get a grip, your "delicate little flowers" are not as delicate as you believe. I recall quite a few incidents as a student at NewCath from '80-'84.....I personally was "slammed" into a locker and lifted off the ground by a teacher for "acting the fool", when I told my parents exactly what happened (what I did & being slammed into the lockers) my dad said (somethink like), "I guess you won't do it again, will you." They didn't go to the school administration crying their child was violated. :no: I fully understand many will not see things as I do, but thats the beauty of this board you don't have to. This is 2013 LB. Times have changed just a tad. Having said that, a teacher no matter what year it is should NEVER be performing strip searches. She went to far, period.
May 27, 201313 yr Just because something happened in the past does not mean that it was the right thing to do. If there is a better way to handle it, well...then she should have handled it in that better way. I would agree. This is 2013 LB. Times have changed just a tad. Having said that, a teacher no matter what year it is should NEVER be performing strip searches. She went to far, period. I think a "tad' is an understatement. I don't think much changed from when I, my parents, and grandparents were in school.
May 27, 201313 yr Do we think Nell was trying to get a "sneak peak" at some high school girls breast???? Hell no she wasn't. Could she of handled the situation better??? Of course. But for the love of god, when we were in school :poop: like this happened all the time, and god forbid we go back to when our parents were in school. Parents now days need to get a grip, your "delicate little flowers" are not as delicate as you believe. I recall quite a few incidents as a student at NewCath from '80-'84.....I personally was "slammed" into a locker and lifted off the ground by a teacher for "acting the fool", when I told my parents exactly what happened (what I did & being slammed into the lockers) my dad said (somethink like), "I guess you won't do it again, will you." They didn't go to the school administration crying their child was violated. :no: I fully understand many will not see things as I do, but thats the beauty of this board you don't have to. LB13, I hear you! We were dealt with the same way and I went to public school (60's to early 70s). No pussyfootin' around when it came to discipline. However, as much as we hate to admit it, times have changed and today's parents think their delicate flowers are always angels. This litigious society has really put a damper on discipline in schools and society as a whole. I know I'm going to get killed on here for this but I don't care. I'm sharing my opinion and it's no more right or wrong than any other poster in this forum. When I noted in my previous post that Fookes may have handled her interrogation differently, she needed to cover her backside more than anything whether I agreed with her method or not.
May 27, 201313 yr LB13, I hear you! We were dealt with the same way and I went to public school (60's to early 70s). No pussyfootin' around when it came to discipline. However, as much as we hate to admit it, times have changed and today's parents think their delicate flowers are always angels. This litigious society has really put a damper on discipline in schools and society as a whole. I know I'm going to get killed on here for this but I don't care. I'm sharing my opinion and it's no more right or wrong than any other poster in this forum. When I noted in my previous post that Fookes may have handled her interrogation differently, she needed to cover her backside more than anything whether I agreed with her method or not. Someone who thinks like I do, agree 100% :thumb: I'm with you here.
May 27, 201313 yr I see where Lawnboy is coming from here Clyde. I don't think any random or innocent kid should have done to them what happened at BC. However, if my daughter was suspicious of stealing that phone and there was good reason to believe she had it - I'd have no issue with what Nell did. I know it could've been handled better, so don't think I'm in favor of my kids being strip searched at school. It's regrettable and terribly sad that this will most likely end the great career of an amazing coach. Totally disagree with you and LB. They can pull her Into the Office and question her but they better call me first before they take it upon themselves to make my daughter show her breasts. This has serious written all over it and to coming from a teacher is just ridiculous. I hate a thief as much as Anyone but nobody gets my daughter to take her shirt off behind closed doors unless its her husband or her mother. End of story.
May 27, 201313 yr Do we think Nell was trying to get a "sneak peak" at some high school girls breast???? Hell no she wasn't. Could she of handled the situation better??? Of course. But for the love of god, when we were in school :poop: like this happened all the time, and god forbid we go back to when our parents were in school. Parents now days need to get a grip, your "delicate little flowers" are not as delicate as you believe. I recall quite a few incidents as a student at NewCath from '80-'84.....I personally was "slammed" into a locker and lifted off the ground by a teacher for "acting the fool", when I told my parents exactly what happened (what I did & being slammed into the lockers) my dad said (somethink like), "I guess you won't do it again, will you." They didn't go to the school administration crying their child was violated. :no: I fully understand many will not see things as I do, but thats the beauty of this board you don't have to. Common occurance at NC in the 60s . We had some teachers there who wouldn't take any bull. Edited May 27, 201313 yr by True blue (and gold) rule 8
May 27, 201313 yr Kids nowadays have the "upper hand" and most of them now it. Thank God I stop my pursuit of a teaching degree, I'd either be in jail or shot, cause I would not take :poop: off some teenage student.
May 28, 201313 yr Do we think Nell was trying to get a "sneak peak" at some high school girls breast???? Hell no she wasn't. Could she of handled the situation better??? Of course. But for the love of god, when we were in school :poop: like this happened all the time, and god forbid we go back to when our parents were in school. Parents now days need to get a grip, your "delicate little flowers" are not as delicate as you believe. I recall quite a few incidents as a student at NewCath from '80-'84.....I personally was "slammed" into a locker and lifted off the ground by a teacher for "acting the fool", when I told my parents exactly what happened (what I did & being slammed into the lockers) my dad said (somethink like), "I guess you won't do it again, will you." They didn't go to the school administration crying their child was violated. :no: I fully understand many will not see things as I do, but thats the beauty of this board you don't have to. I agree 100%. I raised both a daughter and two sons. If a male coach had asked the boys to open up their shorts, no one would have thought a thing of it. As a woman who believes in equal rights, this is part of the big picture. You can't want equal rights for your daughter and then act disgusted when a female coach treats her that way. I do not know this coach, but I can tell you I have no problem with this at all.
May 28, 201313 yr Kids nowadays have the "upper hand" and most of them now it. Thank God I stop my pursuit of a teaching degree, I'd either be in jail or shot, cause I would not take :poop: off some teenage student. I am thankful you aren't a teacher as well.
May 28, 201313 yr I agree 100%. I raised both a daughter and two sons. If a male coach had asked the boys to open up their shorts, no one would have thought a thing of it. As a woman who believes in equal rights, this is part of the big picture. You can't want equal rights for your daughter and then act disgusted when a female coach treats her that way. I do not know this coach, but I can tell you I have no problem with this at all. Score one for humiliating kids and violating an individual's privacy. I find it amazing people think like this - much less admit it in public.
May 28, 201313 yr Kids nowadays have the "upper hand" and most of them now it. Thank God I stop my pursuit of a teaching degree, I'd either be in jail or shot, cause I would not take :poop: off some teenage student. I just finished my 17th year of teaching. I've never had to look at my students as adversaries.
May 28, 201313 yr I'm reading through this thread, and one word keeps echoing......Virtus, Virtus, Virtus. (Have you read your on-line bulletin this month?)
May 28, 201313 yr Author I'm reading through this thread, and one word keeps echoing......Virtus, Virtus, Virtus. (Have you read your on-line bulletin this month?) This is not my area of expertise so I am asking you hoops5 and everyone for that matter, is Virtus Training ever training associated/mandated with public school employees?
May 28, 201313 yr This is not my area of expertise so I am asking you hoops5 and everyone for that matter, is Virtus Training ever training associated/mandated with public school employees? No, that is for those in around the Catholic schools.
May 29, 201313 yr I agree 100%. I raised both a daughter and two sons. If a male coach had asked the boys to open up their shorts, no one would have thought a thing of it. As a woman who believes in equal rights, this is part of the big picture. You can't want equal rights for your daughter and then act disgusted when a female coach treats her that way. I do not know this coach, but I can tell you I have no problem with this at all. I beg to differ. If a male teacher asked a boy to open his shorts many people, myself included, would have been shocked. Anyone in this day and age should know that you would only be asking for major trouble to put yourself in that situation.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.