Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Boone County suspend Coach Fookes?

Featured Replies

I have no idea on the punishment.

 

From what I understand a student stole a cell phone from another student in one of Coach Fookes' classes and Coach Fookes did her own investigation to find the cell phone/perpetrator. While I believe Coach Fookes had the best of intentions I believe the school made a decision that Coach Fookes was too aggressive with the suspects in pursuit of the cell phone.

 

Over a cell phone the students shouldnt have had in class anyways, seriously wow. Tells you the state of Boone Co schools. What a joke.

  • Replies 99
  • Views 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Over a cell phone the students shouldnt have had in class anyways, seriously wow. Tells you the state of Boone Co schools. What a joke.

 

In defense of Coach, theft is theft.

I miss the ole' days......

 

Now, everything has to be done the 'right way'.

 

I am sure they are afraid of the stealing student suing the school for being 'violated' when she retrieved the phone or something to that effect!!!

...Coach Fookes was too aggressive with the suspects.

 

The "Bobby Knight" of hoops in NKY was "too agressive"???

 

I find that hard to believe. :D

I have no idea on the punishment.

 

From what I understand a student stole a cell phone from another student in one of Coach Fookes' classes and Coach Fookes did her own investigation to find the cell phone/perpetrator. While I believe Coach Fookes had the best of intentions I believe the school made a decision that Coach Fookes was too aggressive with the suspects in pursuit of the cell phone.

 

Theft is theft as you said.

 

But there are lines you cannot cross as an adult teacher and if the accusations are true then she obliterated those lines to the point of wondering how she can be a teacher.

I miss the ole' days......

 

Now, everything has to be done the 'right way'.

 

I am sure they are afraid of the stealing student suing the school for being 'violated' when she retrieved the phone or something to that effect!!!

 

This reportedly is not a case of some child getting their feelings hurt.

Over a cell phone the students shouldnt have had in class anyways, seriously wow. Tells you the state of Boone Co schools. What a joke.

 

Wonder if we'll ever focus on the thief?

The attacks on school employees trying to stand up against evil really gets old.

 

* this post is a general statement. I'm not saying plantman is consistently ripping school employees.

Back in the day we had teachers that would snatch you up and slam you Into a locker to get a confession and it wasnt a crime. But in a day where everyone is suing everyone foe frivolous stuff I guess the school has to be very careful.

Thank goodness I had a shop teacher, dean of boys and coaches who "got my attention" at times or I would have gone down another path in life.

 

I have no idea what transpired with coach Fookes, however I do know that some of us hard heads who like to push the envelope and do things we know are wrong, need an attention getter.

The allegation is that a cell phone was reported stolen by a female student. Coach Fookes took some girls (not sure how many) into a closed off area and made the girls first raise their shirts to show they didnt have the cell phone and then made them raise their bra.

 

If this is truly what happened then Coach Fookes had a really bad lapse in judgement.

 

Since the other thread about a Boone County employee appears to have put Guru in some hot water I guess I should make it clear that the above is nothing more than what people are hearing as to what happened. If this is too much for this thread then the Guru can remove it.

The allegation is that a cell phone was reported stolen by a female student. Coach Fookes took some girls (not sure how many) into a closed off area and made the girls first raise their shirts to show they didnt have the cell phone and then made them raise their bra.

 

If this is truly what happened then Coach Fookes had a really bad lapse in judgement.

 

Since the other thread about a Boone County employee appears to have put Guru in some hot water I guess I should make it clear that the above is nothing more than what people are hearing as to what happened. If this is too much for this thread then the Guru can remove it.

 

I guess I'm to "old school", if it happened to my daugther I wouldn't have a problem with it.

The allegation is that a cell phone was reported stolen by a female student. Coach Fookes took some girls (not sure how many) into a closed off area and made the girls first raise their shirts to show they didnt have the cell phone and then made them raise their bra.

 

If this is truly what happened then Coach Fookes had a really bad lapse in judgement.

 

Since the other thread about a Boone County employee appears to have put Guru in some hot water I guess I should make it clear that the above is nothing more than what people are hearing as to what happened. If this is too much for this thread then the Guru can remove it.

 

 

 

Just curious...was the cell phone found during this search? And please understand that I am not saying it was right or wrong to conduct the search.

Theft is theft as you said.

 

But there are lines you cannot cross as an adult teacher and if the accusations are true then she obliterated those lines to the point of wondering how she can be a teacher.

Agreed.
I guess I'm to "old school", if it happened to my daugther I wouldn't have a problem with it.

 

Completely disagree.

No clue what happened and hard to say if what was posted as to what happened is true. We will probably never really know due to personnel confidentiality. I hope it is not. I would have had a problem with that type of searching for theft. There are better ways to handle things when you suspect something like this.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.