Who's your favorite to make it to State from the 9th region?

Ryle? Beechwood? Conner? NCC? Who else has a chance?There are so many solid teams this year. Beechwood has young talent that look very promising. Stringer is killing the ball. Ryle's Tyler mason, Thomas Baumann, and well pretty much everyone in their line up are crushing the ball. Conner has Maines and a good hitting team. NCC always seems to come alive during tournament time. And their are so many other solid teams out there this year! Who do you see getting to the "promise land" in Lexington?

Ryle? Beechwood? Conner? NCC? Who else has a chance?There are so many solid teams this year. Beechwood has young talent that look very promising. Stringer is killing the ball. Ryle's Tyler mason, Thomas Baumann, and well pretty much everyone in their line up are crushing the ball. Conner has Maines and a good hitting team. NCC always seems to come alive during tournament time. And their are so many other solid teams out there this year! Who do you see getting to the "promise land" in Lexington?

Not sure this is still the case. Wasn't at the game so don't have specifics, but heard something happened and he left the bench and team during the game last night.

Anyone with details.......that was there..........

I'm going with NCC.They know how to win the big game.Cain is a big game pitcher and always seems to come through.Ryle looks good on paper but they choke every year and I dont think this year will be any different.

Edited by Randy Parker

I think NCC is the team to beat. They have two top starters and now Bueter gets the job done in the All A state title game. Who else has 3 pitchers that are equal to those three? My second pick is Ryle because they seem to have the offensive firepower to overcome top pitching.

Calling high school kids chokers. I bet you're a real winner yourself!!

I'm going with NCC.They know how to win the big game.Cain is a big game pitcher and always seems to come through.Ryle looks good on paper but they choke every year and I dont think this year will be any different.

Calling high school kids chokers. I bet you're a real winner yourself!!

First of all I said the TEAM has a history of choking.Didnt say a kid was a choker.But if this makes you feel better.Ryle as a team has a history of not preforming in a big game.Is that more politically correct for you?? lol

Bottom line is this region is wide open.

NCC

Highlands

Ryle

Connor

CovCath

Holy Cross

St. Henry

Lloyd

Beechwood

All have strengths that, with the right draw, and pitching match up COULD win the region. My guess is that this will be an awesome regional tournament.

The team is made up of high school kids so your try at semantics is weak. You can say as you wish and myself and others who have a problem with the monikors you label a "team" with we may refute as well.

I really dont see any problem with stating the obvious.The Ryle Baseball team has in the past few years had the best team in regionals and for whatever reason in a big game cant get it done.Im sorry if your little Johnny plays for Ryle and I hurt his feelings.And by the way we arent talking about 7 year old boys here we are taliking about 17 and 18 year old men.And I called no one out by name so get over it....

I really dont see any problem with stating the obvious.The Ryle Baseball team has in the past few years had the best team in regionals and for whatever reason in a big game cant get it done.Im sorry if your little Johnny plays for Ryle and I hurt his feelings.And by the way we arent talking about 7 year old boys here we are taliking about 17 and 18 year old men.And I called no one out by name so get over it....

First I have several kids and none remotely live near Ryle or would even play for Ryle. Wow. Just because I disagree with your post you do not have to be so sensitive. Having coached high school players for most of my adult life in a variety of varsity sports, including baseball, I do not equate choke with high school KIDS not performing well. MY opinion.

First I have several kids and none remotely live near Ryle or would even play for Ryle. Wow. Just because I disagree with your post you do not have to be so sensitive. Having coached high school players for most of my adult life in a variety of varsity sports, including baseball, I do not equate choke with high school KIDS not performing well. MY opinion.

Opinion noted sir.Perhaps choke was the wrong word.Im from a era when things were different.Wasnt all this coddelling of kids.Im a fan of the Bobby Knight and Sweet Lou Pinellas style of coaching.I do however agree with you this should be a great tournemant and im looking forward to it....

NCC

Highlands

Ryle

Connor

CovCath

Holy Cross

St. Henry

Lloyd

Beechwood

All have strengths that, with the right draw, and pitching match up COULD win the region. My guess is that this will be an awesome regional tournament.

I agree those are the top teams but I think you forgot Dixie.Dixie is the third best team in that district but by the luck of a tie breaker will get to play Ludlow and the 2 best teams will have to play each other in St. Henry and Lloyd.I give the edge to St. Henry they have the best pitcher in the region in Kuebbing.

One of the biggest issues in the regional is the day(s) set up and how many days between games and also rain. IF a pitcher (a number one) will get that extra day in between that allows him to come back for the championship. What is the set up this year with no rain?

NCC

Highlands

Ryle

Connor

CovCath

Holy Cross

St. Henry

Lloyd

Beechwood

Gotta throw Dixie in this mix