Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins at Reds Series 04/18 thru 04/21/13

Featured Replies

HT' date=' I'm going to see how much you've matured. Im leaving for Nashville in the morning. I'll be there all weekend for my brother's wedding. I'm going to leave you in charge. This is your big opportunity you've been dreaming about. Don't disappoint me.[/quote']

 

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play. Except for Saturday. Ill be at Keeneland.

  • Replies 279
  • Views 27.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only went 5...threw about 100 pitches...but, held them to just 1 run. 3 outs away from getting the W.

 

He went 5 and did get the win.

Solid first start for Cingrani, though I'd like to see him go deeper in the game. It definitely will get harder next time around when he gets the Nats I believe.

 

What did Phillips do? I didn't see him get hurt?

I didn't get to watch the game. Did he throw mostly fastballs?

I didn't get to watch the game. Did he throw mostly fastballs?

 

Others can give a better report. I wasn't watching real close and missed the first couple of innings. From what I saw, he looked to be mainly a two pitch guy - fastball and some sort of hard sinker or slider. He did a pretty good job pitching at the top of the zone with the heat. He threw the sinker at the bottom so it dropped below the zone and got swinging strikes with that pitch. Mixed it up well and stayed out of the middle of the plate.

I know in the 1st inning he threw 21 fastballs and 1 change up. Think it stayed that way the whole game

If you have a great change up, you can be successful even in the majors as a two pitch guy - as long as you can locate. See Mario Soto.

 

A good change up is the second best pitch in baseball - a good fastball being the best.

I think he used the fastball primarily cause it was his first start. Going forward he will probably mix it up a bit more.

Others can give a better report. I wasn't watching real close and missed the first couple of innings. From what I saw, he looked to be mainly a two pitch guy - fastball and some sort of hard sinker or slider. He did a pretty good job pitching at the top of the zone with the heat. He threw the sinker at the bottom so it dropped below the zone and got swinging strikes with that pitch. Mixed it up well and stayed out of the middle of the plate.

 

In Dusty's interview postgame he said was up in the zone because he was overthrowing because he was hyped. That up isn't usually his thing. Which makes sense. Pitchers that pitch up in the zone usually don't pitch in the league very long.

 

Have heard from many people he doesn't use a third pitch very much.

I know in the 1st inning he threw 21 fastballs and 1 change up. Think it stayed that way the whole game

 

That's what I'm afraid of. That is only going to work for so long and hitters will take notice.

Nice work by Latos to get out of that 7th inning jam. Hopefully we can plate one here & he can get a W.

More pizza again tonight after that K by Broxton.

 

On a side note, I had my second pizza for supper tonight.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.