Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Foul Call on Burke Change Outcome of Title Game?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 61
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with all of these...we will never know what would have happened had they been called differently.

#1 on your list was probably in the grand scheme the biggest miss of the night, put Burke on the bench for 14 minutes and took some pressure off of the Cards on defense. Even though his replacement came in and killed (17points) as mentioned above Burke would have put the Cards in foul trouble all by himself.

 

His replacement already had 9 points before Burke went out, so maybe he would have even scored more, especially in the second half, when he looked exhausted from having to bring the ball up against the press after Burke went out. It also gave the Cards 2( I believe he missed one FT) points that they wouldn't have gotten.

Spread was 4. I think the refs nailed it. ;)

 

Louisville only failed to cover the spread twice in their last 16 games following the 5OTs at Notre Dame. It was fun for bettors to throw money at the Cardinals for a while there.

I know I'm repeating myself, but you guys saw bad officiating. I saw a Big East game. Louisville played 21 of them this year, including the tournament. This was Michigan's first one. :D

The refs didn't bother me. They let them play and the game played like a playground game. I loved it. I don't watch the game for the refs though.

The refs didn't bother me. They let them play and the game played like a playground game. I loved it. I don't watch the game for the refs though.

 

Believe me, I would bet I have played as much, if not more playground ball as anyone on here in a wide variety of venues. If we would have played like that on the playground, fights would have outnumbered fouls.

Believe me, I would bet I have played as much, if not more playground ball as anyone on here in a wide variety of venues. If we would have played like that on the playground, fights would have outnumbered fouls.

 

I'm sure if there were no refs around last night there may have been a fight or two.

 

I loved it. It was fast paced and physical. Exciting to watch.

The 2nd foul on Burke was the one that changed the game

I'm sure if there were no refs around last night there may have been a fight or two.

 

I loved it. It was fast paced and physical. Exciting to watch.

 

Oh yeah ... Behanon would have gone after McGary for sure the way McGary clubbed him on the neck in the scrum underneath neaer the end of the game. Of course, McGary wouldn't have clubbed him like that in street ball because he would have known the consequences. So in effect, college basketball is now worse than street ball.

I'll say no, and the refs were bad both ways, but the bad calls against Michigan were much bigger IMO.

 

Burke picking up his second foul on Luke Hancock jumping towards the baseline to shoot what would have been a 3 from behind the backboard was AWFUL.

 

Hancock's fourth foul was given to Harrell which allowed Luke to stay in the game and subsequently pick up McGary's fourth foul on a similar three point foul.

 

(As for the plays mentioned above, Hancock walks a tight line on being crafty and drawing a foul vs flopping and not really playing basketball. The one on McGary was a foul IMO but the call on Burke in the corner is all kinds of bad.)

 

The Burke block on Siva at the rim was big for momentum.

The refs didn't bother me. They let them play and the game played like a playground game. I loved it. I don't watch the game for the refs though.

 

I liked that they let them play. It made it more exciting, I thought. But the things they were calling seemed so arbitrary and inconsistent that it made it equally as frustrating.

I'll echo what many are saying. It was a terrible call, but Louisville would have found a way to win.

 

On another note, basketball is turning into football with short pants.

na

I'll echo what many are saying. It was a terrible call, but Louisville would have found a way to win.

 

On another note, basketball is turning into football with short pants.

 

I believe they probably would have won anyway as well, they are a very resilient bunch of young men.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.