Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Foul Call on Burke Change Outcome of Title Game?

Featured Replies

On another note, basketball is turning into football with short pants.

 

Credit Pitino for taking advantage of this but Louisville is prime example for how bad it is. At times it looks like they employ the "foul so much they can't call everything" strategy.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Credit Pitino for taking advantage of this but Louisville is prime example for how bad it is. At times it looks like they employ the "foul so much they can't call everything" strategy.
Said the exact same thing to a friend a few weeks ago.

As someone said earlier the biggest break UL got was what should have been the 4th foul on Hancock. Harrell got the foul up top but that was because the shooter had his legs taken out down low by Hancock.

 

Still the best championship game I've seen in a while.

^You know your stuff on this Clyde, who should that foul have been given to?

^You know your stuff on this Clyde, who should that foul have been given to?

 

Hancock fouled him first.

 

However, I can see how it was called on Harrell. The official is watching "up top" to see if there is a block or a foul. He didn't see Hancock down low. Big break.

Oh yeah ... Behanon would have gone after McGary for sure the way McGary clubbed him on the neck in the scrum underneath neaer the end of the game. Of course, McGary wouldn't have clubbed him like that in street ball because he would have known the consequences. So in effect, college basketball is now worse than street ball.

 

I agree!

 

Behanon was getting mugged all night long and not getting the "and one" that should have gone with those made buckets.

 

The foul on Burke did not change the outcome of the game, IMO. Burke sitting on the bench with 2 fouls is a good trade off for Spike scoring 17 in Burkes absence. It's hard to say if Burke would have caused the Cards to have more foul trouble, or if he would have scored more points. I truly believe that was the most physical basketball game I have ever seen!! Refs "let them play" that's for sure. The only thing missing from this fight was switch blades and brass knuckles!! :eek:

The problem I had was the inconsistency. I'm fine with it being physical as long as they would be consistent. They were all over the board, they'd let borderline assault go but call ticky tack stuff. To solve this problem I think more pressure should be placed on officials, not enough consequences for calling a bad game. Give them something to lose then maybe they will clean it up.

It was a horrible call but it didn't change anything. There had been horrible calls before that as well, and there were a few more after that.

 

Chane was getting killed on that one play with a little over a minute or two left but the refs didn't blow the whistle.

Credit Pitino for taking advantage of this but Louisville is prime example for how bad it is. At times it looks like they employ the "foul so much they can't call everything" strategy.

 

Bilas was talking about this yesterday. Said that no matter what the rules are at any given time, officials will only call X number of fouls per game on average. Coaches know this and teach/coach accordingly.

It may or may not have had an affect on the outcome, but its a true shame that the officiated somewhat overshadows what players like Hancock, Albrect, Siva, and Burke did in that game.

Bilas was talking about this yesterday. Said that no matter what the rules are at any given time, officials will only call X number of fouls per game on average. Coaches know this and teach/coach accordingly.

 

This is also a huge reason why pressing is so effective late in games.

I liked that they let them play. It made it more exciting, I thought. But the things they were calling seemed so arbitrary and inconsistent that it made it equally as frustrating.

 

 

I guess I'm just different. The calls that referees make very rarely register any emotion from me. I feel like they do the best they can and they are human. At the end of the day you have to score more points than the other team and IMO that has nothing to do with referees at all.

It may or may not have had an affect on the outcome, but its a true shame that the officiated somewhat overshadows what players like Hancock, Albrect, Siva, and Burke did in that game.

 

 

That's only because people want to focus on the refs. People are quick to say refs want to be the stars but yet people know the names of the refs. I just don't care that much about who is reffing the game or how awful they are or were.

 

 

I will throw all of that out the window if Randy and I catch Clizzy at a rec league game. :lol: :lol:

That call was awful but absolutely did not cost Michigan the game and imo is insane to think so. The game was physical, ver much so and the refs let a ton of things go.

 

I am absolutely not a Louisville fan by any stretch of the imagination. Having said that I feel that there was one main factor that cost Michigan the championship....the Louisville Cardinals basketball team.

 

Congrats again to the BGP / Louisville fans.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.