Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russ Smith to the NBA?

Featured Replies

Just like we can't help calling you out for your negativity towards our program. :thumb:

 

 

 

Didn't you say your self a few years ago if UK beat UL in that sport that year you would quit posting on here?

  • Replies 154
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes a poor analogy. If I were to go on Louisville Rivals message board and post things then I'd expect it. Are Louisville threads for Louisville fans only? Of course not. BGP is a neutral site, nobody has home court advantage. I'm still trying to figure out what I posted that was so negative. I posted a direct quote :lol2: :lol2:

orly.gif

 

You're really missing out. :lol2:

 

I read...just learned not to voice my opinion. :D

I will never blame a coach for saying something like that about his program. Nothing wrong with talking up your program, whether or not fans of your rival agree with it... And IMO, if you take offense to a comment like that, that is petty. Louisville IS one of the best basketball traditions in College Basketball, and there is no arguing that.

 

 

Isn't that what I said?

 

But please note that is not what Pitino said. He said it was the best. Again, put the Cardinals in the pantheon but they have absolutely no claim to being at the top of the pantheon.

 

We all must be desperately wanting more basketball conversation now that the season is over.

Didn't you say your self a few years ago if UK beat UL in that sport that year you would quit posting on here?

 

Not to my knowledge? :lol2: But "a few years ago" would be hard to pin down what I posted. I'm a different poster (and person for that matter) than I was "a few years ago."

But please note that is not what Pitino said. He said it was the best. Again, put the Cardinals in the pantheon but they have absolutely no claim to being at the top of the pantheon.

 

I know what he said. And as rockmom stated, I wouldn't want a coach who didn't think the same way. If it ruffles feathers because he said that, good. I love my coach being confident and proud of his program. :thumb:

Not to my knowledge? :lol2: But "a few years ago" would be hard to pin down what I posted. I'm a different poster (and person for that matter) than I was "a few years ago."

 

Your post toward UK fans isn't any different then , now, and I'm sure it will be the same in the future.

Back to the thread ...

 

I just heard Pitino on the Jim Rome show. Pitino said it is 70/30 in favor of Russ staying. Pitino said Russ talked to him after the title game and apologized for his dad's comments. Pitino also called out Smith's dad and said he really put Russ in a bad spot. Based on his contacts with NBA scouts, Pitino said Russ needs to come back, put on some muscle/weight and make himself a first round pick, which he is not going to be this year. Pitino said his general advice is if you are a first round pick, it makes sense to go. Otherwise, stay in school and get your degree.

Back to the thread ...

 

I just heard Pitino on the Jim Rome show. Pitino said it is 70/30 in favor of Russ staying. Pitino said Russ talked to him after the title game and apologized for his dad's comments. Pitino also called out Smith's dad and said he really put Russ in a bad spot. Based on his contacts with NBA scouts, Pitino said Russ needs to come back, put on some muscle/weight and make himself a first round pick, which he is not going to be this year. Pitino said his general advice is if you are a first round pick, it makes sense to go. Otherwise, stay in school and get your degree.

 

I wondered about Russ's dad's comments coming immediately after the game. As much as he is awesome, even my untrained eye thought he should stay. I am sure it's exciting, the thought of being drafted right now. But he needs to hone his Russdiculousness a little more.

I hope Smith does come back. UK won the 2012 Championship, and of course UofL the 2013 Championship. I hope Smith comes back, and Kentucky and Louisville play for the 2014 Championship. How awesome would that be for the state, and the two schools?

Back to the thread ...

 

I just heard Pitino on the Jim Rome show. Pitino said it is 70/30 in favor of Russ staying. Pitino said Russ talked to him after the title game and apologized for his dad's comments. Pitino also called out Smith's dad and said he really put Russ in a bad spot. Based on his contacts with NBA scouts, Pitino said Russ needs to come back, put on some muscle/weight and make himself a first round pick, which he is not going to be this year. Pitino said his general advice is if you are a first round pick, it makes sense to go. Otherwise, stay in school and get your degree.

 

If Russ isn't a 1st round pick this season, he most certainly won't be one next season. If he were just a freshman, I'd think differently, but what you are as a junior is usually pretty close to what you are as a senior.

If Russ isn't a 1st round pick this season, he most certainly won't be one next season. If he were just a freshman, I'd think differently, but what you are as a junior is usually pretty close to what you are as a senior.

 

It seemed to be a big help to Keith Bogans to come back for his senior season.

It seemed to be a big help to Keith Bogans to come back for his senior season.

 

:rolleyes: Sigh.

 

Yeah because Keith Bogans had an awful junior year. Also Bogans was a 6'5" physical speciman 2-guard. Big big difference between Bogans junior year and Smith this year.

 

It seemed to be a big help to Keith Bogans to come back for his senior season.

 

The draft is a lot stronger next year than this year. Russ would need major improvement in order to increase his stock. Not a knock on the kid, just the strength of the draft next year.

Your post toward UK fans isn't any different then , now, and I'm sure it will be the same in the future.

 

Ones that constantly diss my program, you are exactly right. I will never change towards those people. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.