Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russ Smith to the NBA?

Featured Replies

No, no, no...you've got it all wrong! It's not selfish...we'll still let you come visit the trophy! Just more people can view it in Louisville, what with it being a bigger city and all. :p

 

Let me preface by saying I in no way think UL can or will repeat... If everyone had returned, maybe. I don't want anyone jumping down my throat...

 

But if that were to happen, especially with the "best recruiting class ever" down the road, talk about Armageddon. :lol2:

  • Replies 154
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't be selfish. No need for two in a row.

 

One of my friends on Tuesday said "Call me when you have eight." I'm just trying to follow orders.

That's not even remotely close to what I said. I said if he's not a first round pick this season, he's not one next season either. Where in the world do you get that I think he's stupid or making a bad decision if he comes back? I was making a simple statement. You can disagree with what I said all you want, but that's what NBA draft guys always say. That unless you add a dimension to your game that wasn't there previously, all coming back can do is lower your stock.

 

If Russ wants to come back because he thinks he can improve, loves college, or just wants to play for Pitino again, more power to him. No fault with his decision either way. If you would just look past the fact that I was the one making the statement, you'd be able to see that what I said was correct. Heck, the biggest UofL fan on the board seemed to "like" it.

 

What aspect of his game do you see him improving enough by coming back that will improve the things that are causing him to be a 2nd round grade?

 

Miller is a fine example of the exception to the rule, however his stock wouldn't have improved without the aid of 5 studs around him.

 

Duncan was projected as the #1 pick whenever he left Wake Forest.

 

 

If I misunderstood the point of your post I apologize, but I still think it's possible for Smith to improve his stock by coming back for a year. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Certainly won't be the 1st time, or the last time. I've heard some Louisville fans mention they thought Louisville looked or played better when Smith was at the point. Any chance Pitino wants to have him at the point next year? Couldn't that improve his stock?

Let me preface by saying I in no way think UL can or will repeat... If everyone had returned, maybe. I don't want anyone jumping down my throat...

 

But if that were to happen, especially with the "best recruiting class ever" down the road, talk about Armageddon. :lol2:

 

I rooted for Louisville to win it because UK was nowhere near as good, some family and friends are diehards, and you guys hadn't won one in 25 years.

 

There's no way in hell I will next year, even if we lose in the first round. That is my worst nightmare. And I mean that.

100%.

If Russ, Chane, and Gorgui all return, it could very absolutely happen.

Good lord this thread is a mess. :lol2: Unless Russ plans on growing 5 inches this summer there is nothing he can do to make his draft stock higher next year IMO.

One of my friends on Tuesday said "Call me when you have eight." I'm just trying to follow orders.

 

Yeah, we can be annoying.

 

Concurrently, I had a friend tell me immediately after I told him congrats that, "Gotta admit this one means a lot more than your's last year. Your guys don't care about Kentucky."

Back to the thread (again) :angrybird1: ...

 

 

I think if Russ comes back and plays point, he has a chance to improve his image and chances in the NBA. Whether that improves draft position, I don't know. But if you aren't going to be a first round pick, you better be well prepared and in position to win your spot on a roster. If Smith comes back, plays point and does well that is a good move for him IMO. At his size, that is his best chance to stick in the league for a while.

I rooted for Louisville to win it because UK was nowhere near as good, some family and friends are diehards, and you guys hadn't won one in 25 years.

 

There's no way in hell I will next year, even if we lose in the first round. That is my worst nightmare. And I mean that.

100%.

If Russ, Chane, and Gorgui all return, it could very absolutely happen.

 

Understandable. :lol2:

 

Chane is back, Russ is still on the fence, and Gorgui is 100% gone IMO.

Let me preface by saying I in no way think UL can or will repeat... If everyone had returned, maybe. I don't want anyone jumping down my throat...

 

But if that were to happen, especially with the "best recruiting class ever" down the road, talk about Armageddon. :lol2:

Top 5 team if Russ comes back.

Even if Russ were to return, he's not playing the 1...

Back to the thread (again) :angrybird1: ...

 

 

I think if Russ comes back and plays point, he has a chance to improve his image and chances in the NBA. Whether that improves draft position, I don't know. But if you aren't going to be a first round pick, you better be well prepared and in position to win your spot on a roster. If Smith comes back, plays point and does well that is a good move for him IMO. At his size, that is his best chance to stick in the league for a while.

 

While I agree that Russ's size makes him suitable for PG, becoming a PG will take away his greatest attribute. Russ can do great things when he's being "Russdiculous." However, Louisville is screwed when you turn that into a PG. He isn't very good under ball pressure IMO, and he isn't a great facilitator. He almost had a 1:1 Assist to TO ratio. He's just not a PG.

Even if Russ were to return, he's not playing the 1...

 

I don't think any UL fans what that headache. His decision making isn't the best.

Who is the 1 next year?

 

Chris Jones and/or Terry Rozier. I also imagine Kevin Ware will get some time there.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.