Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russ Smith to the NBA?

Featured Replies

Michael Rosenberg ‏@Rosenberg_Mike

 

Russ Smith Sr. told his son: "What a way to go out." I asked: so he's gone? "He's gone."

 

Thoughts?

  • Replies 154
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't surprise me. He must be the most frustrating player to coach.

Doesn't surprise me. He must be the most frustrating player to coach.

 

Perhaps you didn't watch any UK games this year. :lol2:

Perhaps you didn't watch any UK games this year. :lol2:

 

Good one. I will rephrase, the most frustrating good player.

There was a play in tonight's title game - Smith was guarding Hardaway in the post. Hardaway did an easy turnaround and hit the shot and I said, that will be a problem every night in the NBA. He has talent but his game will need to evolve. He would have to play point and he is a poor decision maker. But he can shoot and he has speed.

If he goes, he goes. With the way he finished this season, he would likely be crazy not to. As a Cards fan I'd love more than anything to have him back; guess we will see soon.

Russ got abused in the title game and played very poorly down the stretch. If Russ had a big game tonight, even a decent one, I would have said go with my blessing (and I haven't made a secret of the fact that I think he has a pro future). But he really played his worst game since that debacle at Notre Dame on the biggest stage. He hurt himself tonight, and exactly in the way that will scare teams off of him- he got owned by a bigger player and had a melt down when the team needed him to play under control

 

I mean, Russ was the tournament's leading scorer and now owns the record for most points scored by a Cardinal is a single tournament and he didn't even make the Final Four team. Honestly, I thought he looked heartbroken when Luke was announced as the MOP, it was obvious that he had set his heart on that and pressed badly trying to get there.

He has nothing more to prove in college. He is who he is. He plays 100 mph every play and it is what makes him good and what makes him batty to watch.

He can sneak in late first round and make a roster.

He is not going to get to 6'6 over the summer.

I thought the one thing that would trip UL up on their road to the title was Smith. I didn't think he could put 6 solid games together in the tournament. He didn't. I didn't think he played that well versus WSU.

However, Hancock emerged as a reliable scorer and really bailed them out on the perimeter.

He has a chance at getting first round money this year. Next year he has no shot.

Just posted about this in game thread. I think mentally Smith was already gone before the game last night. Even with the game last night his stock is a high as it can be. Its time for him.

Maybe Russ Smith and Archie Goodwin can find a team in Europe so they can play together and start their pro career. :whistling:

I think he goes.

Pitino in his post game comments said all of them: Smith, Behannen, and Dieng should enter the draft and test the waters. This may sound crazy but I think Harrell would go before all of them. He has that potential and athletic ability that the NBA likes to take a chance on.

Pitino in his post game comments said all of them: Smith, Behannen, and Dieng should enter the draft and test the waters. This may sound crazy but I think Harrell would go before all of them. He has that potential and athletic ability that the NBA likes to take a chance on.

 

Weird, only a couple of weeks ago he said that isn't why "his guys" play the game.

I just don't see Russ being successful in the NBA...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.