Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russ Smith to the NBA?

Featured Replies

The highest I've seen Russ is early 2nd Round. I don't keep up with the NBA draft that much, but someone told me contracts aren't guaranteed after the 1st Round. Is that true?

  • Replies 154
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last 10 seasons graphic (which how in the world applies to this thread, I will never know) is fine by me.

 

Since Cal arrived UK has the edge IMO, although it is close.

 

People in this thread mentioned Rick's comments and eschewed them. :D I still agree with him. :D

Last 10 Seasons

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39654[/ATTACH]

 

Ky has been a little down when you consider the past 10 seasons, but over the past 4, not so much.

The highest I've seen Russ is early 2nd Round. I don't keep up with the NBA draft that much, but someone told me contracts aren't guaranteed after the 1st Round. Is that true?

True. Some people think it is better to be undrafted than to be taken in the 2nd Round.

The highest I've seen Russ is early 2nd Round. I don't keep up with the NBA draft that much, but someone told me contracts aren't guaranteed after the 1st Round. Is that true?

 

Yes. However, I can't imagine Russ's stock ever being higher. He'll be a end 1st round, early 2nd this year, and easily catch on with a team.

People in this thread mentioned Rick's comments and eschewed them. :D I still agree with him. :D

 

Is it finest tradition in the state or all of college basketball? How would that graphic look adding UNC, Duke, UCONN, etc ?

Is it finest tradition in the state or all of college basketball? How would that graphic look adding UNC, Duke, UCONN, etc ?

 

 

I don't care. :p I've got my Cardinal Red glasses on, and the world is rosy through them. And...yes...it is THE FINEST TRADITION IN ALL OF COLLEGE BASKETBALL. :D

I don't think Russ is right or wrong either way. He will ever be a 1st round pick if he isn't this year. The 2014 is already talked about as being the deepest of all time and the 2013 is one of the weakest. If he's a first round pick this year then he has to go. If he is not, can't fault him either way for what he decides.

I don't think Russ is right or wrong either way. He will ever be a 1st round pick if he isn't this year. The 2014 is already talked about as being the deepest of all time and the 2013 is one of the weakest. If he's a first round pick this year then he has to go. If he is not, can't fault him either way for what he decides.

 

Hopefully, whichever way he decides, it works out well for him.

You gave one example and it was a bad one. Bogans had an awful JR year, did Russ?

 

 

Once again, that's not what was said. Do I need to put it in bold for you too?

Once again, that's not what was said. Do I need to put it in bold for you too?

 

He said usually, not always. Should we put that in bold for you?

 

Do you disagree with the statement? Or just have one bad example?

He said usually, not always. Should we put that in bold for you?

 

Do you disagree with the statement? Or just have one bad example?

 

 

How is it a bad example? Jorts is another one right off the top of my head. How many more you want?

How is it a bad example? Jorts is another one right off the top of my head. How many more you want?

 

Bogans was always looked as a future first round pick and had a bad junior year. Russ has never been thought of as a first round pick and had an amazing year. Bogans stock was as low as it ever was and it could be easily argued that Russ stock is as high as it will ever get right now.

 

I don't even think Jorts had stock after his junior year but that is a better example of a guy who improved a lot as a senior.

 

UKMF made a good point and you want to nitpick at one thing he said. Fun stuff!!!

How is it a bad example? Jorts is another one right off the top of my head. How many more you want?

 

It's a bad example because Bogans was a late lottery-mid first round pick after his sophmore year, decided to come back for his junior season and tanked. He had no choice but to come back for his senior year, and he still didn't get his status back to where he had it after his sophmore season.

 

Jorts is an even worse example. He never played his junior year. Again, he had no choice but to come back his senior year. Neither of those situations are even remotely similar to that of Smith.

UKMF made a good point and you want to nitpick at one thing he said. Fun stuff!!!

 

Par for the course for him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.