April 12, 201313 yr Sigh. Yeah because Keith Bogans had an awful junior year. Also Bogans was a 6'5" physical speciman 2-guard. Big big difference between Bogans junior year and Smith this year. :rolleyes: Not what you said. You can backtrack all you want now, but you said. but what you are as a junior is usually pretty close to what you are as a senior. So yes, you can improve as a senior. But as always, I'm sure you're advice is better than Coach Pitino, and others that are giving him advice.
April 12, 201313 yr :rolleyes: Not what you said. You can backtrack all you want now, but you said. You know what LRCW, you're right. If Smith comes out next season and puts about 30 ppg on the board, yeah he'll be a 1st round pick. He's a stud scorer already. The thing holding him back is his size. He isn't going to grow. And ask anyone who evaulates talent, the reason you see a lot of guys who come back for junior & senior years fall in the draft is because teams start seeing what a players ceiling is. They realize there isn't a whole lot more room to grow as a player.
April 12, 201313 yr You know what LRCW, you're right. It would be a lot easier if you just admitted this all the time. :sssh::lol2:
April 12, 201313 yr It would be a lot easier if you just admitted this all the time. :sssh::lol2: If that's what it takes to stop the trolling....:idunno:
April 12, 201313 yr If Russ isn't a 1st round pick this season, he most certainly won't be one next season. If he were just a freshman, I'd think differently, but what you are as a junior is usually pretty close to what you are as a senior. Agreed. Russ is what he is. A fantastic scorer who can utilize his quickness and creativity in the college game. He can't guard in the NBA. He can't play point in the NBA. His best chance is in a weak draft class where teams in the first round will take a chance on a guy who can be a spark off the bench and score the ball. Next year, solid contributors that could become starters will probably take up the entire first round. This year, he has a POSSIBILITY of going in the first. No offense to Russ, great player, he's just a little guy.
April 12, 201313 yr The only thing that will benefit from him coming back is U Of L and Rick Pitino. I bet if he does he will not be a first round pick and may be lower than this year. Next years will be a whole lot tougher.
April 12, 201313 yr If that's what it takes to stop the trolling....:idunno: You think I'm trolling? :lol2::lol2::lol2:
April 12, 201313 yr You think I'm trolling? :lol2::lol2::lol2: You must be...you don't agree with him.
April 12, 201313 yr You think I'm trolling? :lol2::lol2::lol2: You gave one example and it was a bad one. Bogans had an awful JR year, did Russ?
April 12, 201313 yr ^ Might want to put a little context on that. It represents the last 10 seasons. Sorry...I'm at work and had to take care of some "real" work. Hate when I'm interrupted while posting.
April 12, 201313 yr ^ Yeah, I gave up on real work at about 2:30 today. Only bad things happen on Friday after about 3 pm. I'm bracing for the barrage of last-minute phone calls. What are we talking about again? Oh, Russ. Count me among those who don't see a huge benefit to his coming back... unless he's coming back to learn how to better play the point; being able to be a big energy guy coming off the bench with an ability to skillfully dish to scorers is Russ' best chance to have an extended NBA career.
April 12, 201313 yr The only thing that will benefit from him coming back is U Of L and Rick Pitino. I bet if he does he will not be a first round pick and may be lower than this year. Next years will be a whole lot tougher. Pitino has a vested interest in Smith coming back to be sure. The chances that his draft stock will increase by staying are slim and none, plus he will be 23 next year, which is old for a rookie.
April 12, 201313 yr Last 10 seasons graphic (which how in the world applies to this thread, I will never know) is fine by me. Since Cal arrived UK has the edge IMO, although it is close.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.