Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville 85 Duke 63

Featured Replies

Another UK fan here....I was almost as nervous watching UL win (rooting for them) as for UK. I have come a long way. I hope they win it all...and that UK does next year. lol

  • Replies 91
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Butt. Whipping. #WinForWare

Dominating 2nd half performance, but even when Duke came back & tied it I never felt like they had a chance. They couldn't guard the UL back court & ran nothing that appeared to be an offense when they had the ball.

 

Hate the Cards, but that injury to Ware was absolutely horrific. My stomach was in knots for about 3-4 hours just thinking about it. I wish that kid nothing but the best.

I was returning from out of town listening on the radio. No one knew what was going on. Valvano was thinking other players had also gotten hurt by the way they were going to the ground.

 

I've decided not to watch it. Don't need to see that.

I was returning from out of town listening on the radio. No one knew what was going on. Valvano was thinking other players had also gotten hurt by the way they were going to the ground.

 

I've decided not to watch it. Don't need to see that.

 

I didn't see it in real-time, but I did see the reaction of the players on the UL bench immediately & then the Duke kid who had just hit the 3 reacted in similar fashion.

 

Good decision not to watch. It was a nightmare.

^ I didn't really believe what I saw the first time. Wish I wouldn't have watched the replay. It was brutal.

Coach K has always been gracious and complimentary both after a win, or a tough defeat IMO. I respect that about him.

 

I was just pointing out that he's now 11-2 in Elite 8 games with both losses coming against Kentucky schools.

 

I'll agree with your first paragraph , but it's not like they are best friends. It looked like they shook hands and said "nice game" and that's about it. I think coach K and all of the Duke players and coaches and fans showed a lot of respect applauding Kevin Ware and his injury, as he was leaving the complex. I didn't see the injury when it happened, but I was trying to figure out what was happening with the other U of L players. Three of them laying on the court and one standing there crying. Then they showed the replay and that is when it sunk in. The announcer said " I think he dislocated something". I'm glad that announcer isn't my doctor, but he didn't know any better, so I will forgive him.

 

About 45 seconds into the game coach K was already into the ears of the refs. I guess he forgot that the game wasn't in Cameron, and Dick Vitale and the crazies weren't there. Even if they were there they would have been totally silent in the second half.

 

Checked on Twitter and saw lots of nice things said about Kevin and lots of famous people wishing him well and a fast recovery. I also saw some disgusting and mean things said that could only be said by a moron or low life. Those people are lower than a snakes belly in a wagon rut in the bottom of the grand canyon.

 

I'd just like to say that the injury is unfortunate, but also he knows how much he is appreciated and loved as a brother by his teammates and coaches. He was a very important part of the puzzle and will be missed greatly. God speed his recovery with as little pain as possible.

 

I'll agree with your first paragraph , but it's not like they are best friends. It looked like they shook hands and said "nice game" and that's about it. I think coach K and all of the Duke players and coaches and fans showed a lot of respect applauding Kevin Ware and his injury, as he was leaving the complex. I didn't see the injury when it happened, but I was trying to figure out what was happening with the other U of L players. Three of them laying on the court and one standing there crying. Then they showed the replay and that is when it sunk in. The announcer said " I think he dislocated something". I'm glad that announcer isn't my doctor, but he didn't know any better, so I will forgive him.

 

About 45 seconds into the game coach K was already into the ears of the refs. I guess he forgot that the game wasn't in Cameron, and Dick Vitale and the crazies weren't there. Even if they were there they would have been totally silent in the second half.

 

Checked on Twitter and saw lots of nice things said about Kevin and lots of famous people wishing him well and a fast recovery. I also saw some disgusting and mean things said that could only be said by a moron or low life. Those people are lower than a snakes belly in a wagon rut in the bottom of the grand canyon.

 

I'd just like to say that the injury is unfortunate, but also he knows how much he is appreciated and loved as a brother by his teammates and coaches. He was a very important part of the puzzle and will be missed greatly. God speed his recovery with as little pain as possible.

 

Don't know if you quoted the wrong post, but the 2nd paragraph is factual.

^ I didn't really believe what I saw the first time. Wish I wouldn't have watched the replay. It was brutal.

 

I didn't know what had happened the first time and thought maybe the UL players had knocked into each other or something. I didn't wait for the replay, I rewound it on the DVR. And regretted the heck out of that decision. I stood up and ran into the hallway after seeing it. I haven't (and won't) gone back to see exactly what caused his leg to buckle in the first place. My best guess is that he may have turned his ankle or something when he landed, which then brought the full weight of his body down and broke it.

UK fan here, but wishing Louisville good fortune in their quest for their 3rd national title. Keep it in the state. My thoughts are with the injured player, Ware, that he makes a full recovery and will be back in basketball form as soon as possible.

The picture of Ware's leg with the visible bone got me sick. Praying for a speedy recovery, that was gruesome.

 

I'll agree with your first paragraph , but it's not like they are best friends. It looked like they shook hands and said "nice game" and that's about it. I think coach K and all of the Duke players and coaches and fans showed a lot of respect applauding Kevin Ware and his injury, as he was leaving the complex. I didn't see the injury when it happened, but I was trying to figure out what was happening with the other U of L players. Three of them laying on the court and one standing there crying. Then they showed the replay and that is when it sunk in. The announcer said " I think he dislocated something". I'm glad that announcer isn't my doctor, but he didn't know any better, so I will forgive him.

 

About 45 seconds into the game coach K was already into the ears of the refs. I guess he forgot that the game wasn't in Cameron, and Dick Vitale and the crazies weren't there. Even if they were there they would have been totally silent in the second half.

 

Checked on Twitter and saw lots of nice things said about Kevin and lots of famous people wishing him well and a fast recovery. I also saw some disgusting and mean things said that could only be said by a moron or low life. Those people are lower than a snakes belly in a wagon rut in the bottom of the grand canyon.

 

I'd just like to say that the injury is unfortunate, but also he knows how much he is appreciated and loved as a brother by his teammates and coaches. He was a very important part of the puzzle and will be missed greatly. God speed his recovery with as little pain as possible.

 

I haven't seen anything bad said about Ware but I believe it. People are dumb, what can ya do. With that said. I picked Louisville in 2 of my 3 brackets. The only one I didn't was my wishful thinking bracket and I was hoping Miami/Larkin Jr won it all.

It was Mara. I remember now. That site is wrong.

 

Mara isn't even on the team is he. Didn't he leave.

 

Never mind looked it up. Saw where he got hurt in September and didn't play any this season, but sat on the bench.

Edited by gold sunrise

If you're a UK fan and you're pulling for UL then the rivalry isn't what you claim it to be.

 

They can't be UK's biggest rival AND have UK fans pulling for them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.