Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Selection Sunday

Featured Replies

For the record, I like Louisville to come out of the Midwest, but in my opinion that is the most difficult regional path for an overall top seed that I have ever seen (relative to the strength of the field in a given year, obviously).

 

Do you think it is more tough than Ohio State's bracket in 2011? I'm not sure that I do.

  • Replies 89
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Midwest as a whole is tough but who does UL have to beat to get to the Final Four? They have a cakewalk to the Elite 8 IMO and should beat the winner of Duke/MSU IF either of those two make it that far.

A probable second round rematch with an athletic team (Mizzou)... but I think Louisville is superior to Mizzou and Pitino will once again look to rub in a big score on Tim Fuller.

 

Then, a probable Sweet Sixteen matchup with a senior led team that will keep Louisville's press in check is also nothing to sneeze at... but Pitino doesn't lose in the Sweet Sixteen.

 

Duke or MSU with a Final Four on the line speaks for itself, especially with Duke as a rematch and MSU having defeated Louisville in the Elite Eight in Indianapolis a few years ago.

The committee did one thing they have never done put two teams that have played each other playing in the second round. UNLV and Oregon.

 

When did that rule begin? Just curious because in '81 they put UK in with a bye and UAB in the play in bracket beside them. They met in the technically second round and had played in the season.

Do you think it is more tough than Ohio State's bracket in 2011? I'm not sure that I do.

No way. 1-4 that bracket was brutal.

A probable second round rematch with an athletic team (Mizzou)... but I think Louisville is superior to Mizzou and Pitino will once again look to rub in a big score on Tim Fuller.

 

Then, a probable Sweet Sixteen matchup with a senior led team that will keep Louisville's press in check is also nothing to sneeze at... but Pitino doesn't lose in the Sweet Sixteen.

 

Duke or MSU with a Final Four on the line speaks for itself, especially with Duke as a rematch and MSU having defeated Louisville in the Elite Eight in Indianapolis a few years ago.

Missouri (if they even win first round) could easily beat UL, or lose by 25.

No way. 1-4 that bracket was brutal.

 

2, 3 & 4 in that bracket had 22 loses. 2, 3 & 4 in this bracket have 19 loses. Duke, until this weekend, was either the first or second overall seed in many people's estimation. Also, look at the seed tiers as a group:

 

2's:

Duke, OSU, Miami & Georgetown- in my opinion, Louisville has the best #2 seed as a possible opponent, with an added bonus of it being a rematch game.

 

3's:

Marquette, Michigan State, New Mexico & Florida- again, I think Louisville has the best team in that group in their region.

 

4's:

Michigan, Kansas St, Syracuse, St Louis- here, I think Louisville would rather see St Louis than Syracuse again or Michigan, but I think St Louis is also a matchup challenge for the Cards pressure and still a more difficult opponent than Kansas St.

 

The 2011 OSU draw is more difficult to evaluate due to the knowledge of what actually happened, but I will say that even before their title run Connecticut would have been a tougher three IMO than Syracuse and I thought Florida was at least as good as UNC.

Missouri (if they even win first round) could easily beat UL, or lose by 25.

 

Easily? I tend to disagree. Louisville already ran them out of the gym once. Pressey was virtually ineffective, and UL's post play is far better.

Which is all to say, again, that reasonable people can disagree, and I think that the relative lack of separation at the top for this year also colors my opinion.

I have nothing against mid-majors and love when they make Cinderella runs but MTSU and St. Mary's really don't have much of a resume.

For the record, I like Louisville to come out of the Midwest, but in my opinion that is the most difficult regional path for an overall top seed that I have ever seen (relative to the strength of the field in a given year, obviously).

 

Fans of #1 overall seed think they have a difficult region?? I'm shocked!!! :jump:

I believe that it will be Louisville and Miami for all the marbles when all said and done.

Louisville may have the best #2 and #3 seeds in their bracket but only have to face one of them.

That 538 guy, Nate Silver, who did so well forecasting the Presidential Election, has as his Final Four: Louisville (53% chance to win Midwest), Florida (37% chance to win South), Indiana (51% chance to win East), & Gonzaga (33% chance to win West).

Is it just me or are Louisville & Michigan State always in the same bracket with each other?

I turned the selection show off after the first bracket was announced. I forgot what a major waste of time that program is.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.