Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Selection Sunday

Featured Replies

  • Author
Did I hear right that Miami is the first team to win the regular season and conference tournament in the ACC and not get a #1 seed?

 

Yes.

  • Replies 89
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9pm. ESPNU.

 

Thanks didn't know that. I thought the announcement would be tomorrow. They would make the selections tonight.

Miami should be a 1 seed before Indiana.

 

I think IU was deserving, but I would have put Miami over Gonzaga.

I don't have a problem with MTSU getting in. I think the idea the committee head tried to sell as what set them apart rang hollow though. He said what separated them from others was their ability to win away from home vs. the inability of the bubble teams. Their best road win? At UCF, #102 in the RPI. They were 11-4 on the road with only two of those wins coming in the top 150 of the RPI, both in the 101-150 range. So yeah, they won on the road, but against middling to bad teams. He needed a different argument.

There is no argument for MTSU getting in. They PLAYED four RPI Top 100 teams and went 1-3. I'm sorry, that is a no go.

So who is the highest RPI team not in the tournament?

 

I think Southern Miss.

There is no argument for MTSU getting in. They PLAYED four RPI Top 100 teams and went 1-3. I'm sorry, that is a no go.

 

RPI of 26, which I recognize isn't everything. That would have been an obscenely high one to not make it.

 

I guess I look at it this way - I don't think them getting in kept Kentucky out, so it doesn't matter to me a great deal.

I don't have a problem with MTSU getting in. I think the idea the committee head tried to sell as what set them apart rang hollow though. He said what separated them from others was their ability to win away from home vs. the inability of the bubble teams. Their best road win? At UCF, #102 in the RPI. They were 11-4 on the road with only two of those wins coming in the top 150 of the RPI, both in the 101-150 range. So yeah, they won on the road, but against middling to bad teams. He needed a different argument.

 

You are not comparing apples to apples though when saying they were 11-4 on the road. Tennessee has a better resume and MTSU has one win against the top 100, so I'm not buying their explanation...

From what I took from their answer to Rex Chapman's question about UK, the margins of their defeats late kept UK out. I thought in the past that they said a loss was a loss and it did not matter if it was a close loss or not.

  • Author
I think Southern Miss.

 

RPI 31. That is pretty strong to not be in the tourney.

I think this year the committee was saying it was more who you got beat by and by how much than who you beat.

I think that if you look at it purely objectively, the margin of losses for Kentucky wouldn't matter; however, with Noel out the committee had the opportunity and the obligation to evaluate the Wildcats subjectively, and the margin in the losses as well as the general disinterest in defending the rim on the road became part of that eye test.

For the record, I like Louisville to come out of the Midwest, but in my opinion that is the most difficult regional path for an overall top seed that I have ever seen (relative to the strength of the field in a given year, obviously).

The Midwest as a whole is tough but who does UL have to beat to get to the Final Four? They have a cakewalk to the Elite 8 IMO and should beat the winner of Duke/MSU IF either of those two make it that far.

The Midwest as a whole is tough but who does UL have to beat to get to the Final Four? They have a cakewalk to the Elite 8 IMO and should beat the winner of Duke/MSU IF either of those two make it that far.

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.