March 9, 201313 yr How about the great coaching move by Cal today to put WCS back in with 11 minutes to go even with 4 fouls. Most coaches would not take a chance to do that, but he knew Florida was on a run and the only hope UK had to still pull off the game was to put him in and hope he didn't get that 5th foul. It was a gutsy decision but a decision that definitely ended up being the right decision today. This is very true! I understood why he did it, but I must admit I am not sure if I could have made that decision. That is why he is one of the best coaches in basketball, and why I am sitting behind a computer haha. By the way welcome to BGP!
March 9, 201313 yr How about the great coaching move by Cal today to put WCS back in with 11 minutes to go even with 4 fouls. Most coaches would not take a chance to do that, but he knew Florida was on a run and the only hope UK had to still pull off the game was to put him in and hope he didn't get that 5th foul. It was a gutsy decision but a decision that definitely ended up being the right decision today. I agree it was a good move, but he really had no choice.
March 9, 201313 yr How about the great coaching move by Cal today to put WCS back in with 11 minutes to go even with 4 fouls. Most coaches would not take a chance to do that, but he knew Florida was on a run and the only hope UK had to still pull off the game was to put him in and hope he didn't get that 5th foul. It was a gutsy decision but a decision that definitely ended up being the right decision today. I agree, Cal could not afford to leave him out any longer, Florida was eating it up on the inside every time down without WCS in the game. BTW.....Welcome to BGP Redemption :thumb:
March 9, 201313 yr Goodwin with 16 pts, Poythress with 12 rebounds. Those two made me crazy at times but both of these numbers were big in this one. NCAA College Basketball Recap - Florida Gators at Kentucky Wildcats - Mar 09, 2013 - CBSSports.com
March 9, 201313 yr I agree it was a good move, but he really had no choice. This is true. One thing I would like to see Coach Cal do is go back to playing Kyle Wiltcher like he did last year. Every time Florida went on a run today was when WCS was out, and Kyle was in.
March 9, 201313 yr Goodwin with 16 pts, Poythress with 12 rebounds. Those two made me crazy at times but both of these numbers were big in this one. NCAA College Basketball Recap - Florida Gators at Kentucky Wildcats - Mar 09, 2013 - CBSSports.com Poythress with 32 minutes played = UK win.
March 9, 201313 yr This is true. One thing I would like to see Coach Cal do is go back to playing Kyle Wiltcher like he did last year. Every time Florida went on a run today was when WCS was out, and Kyle was in. Jon Hood playing better is the only way this happens. The bench is just too short with Noel out. Hood has played some good minutes the last few games. If he can play defense and just hit a shot or two, then Wiltjer's minutes go down.
March 9, 201313 yr I tuned in at 57-50 Florida. UK goes on an 11-0 run to end the game. You're welcome. Next time I'm charging a few. 勘弁してくれ! どうもありがとう Domo arigato!!
March 9, 201313 yr Huge win for the Cats today. The NCAA would be stupid to omit UK, their as good or better than any bubble team, plus BBN travels anywhere.
March 9, 201313 yr Very nice win for the Cats. :thumb: Still not sure they're in with this though. Florida is the worst team when it comes to closing out a game.
March 9, 201313 yr Told you all that UK doesn't lose when I'm there. Atmosphere was electric throughout the game. Even down 57-50 the crowd hadn't given up. It was awesome. Great time to be in Rupp.
March 9, 201313 yr Told you all that UK doesn't lose when I'm there. Atmosphere was electric throughout the game. Even down 57-50 the crowd hadn't given up. It was awesome. Great time to be in Rupp. I was actually thinking about you because you said they were undefeated with you in attendance. I can say the same although that Mizzu game was close for my streak.
March 9, 201313 yr Told you all that UK doesn't lose when I'm there. Atmosphere was electric throughout the game. Even down 57-50 the crowd hadn't given up. It was awesome. Great time to be in Rupp. :lol2::thumb:
March 9, 201313 yr I was actually thinking about you because you said they were undefeated with you in attendance. I can say the same although that Mizzu game was close for my streak. I was definitely worried when thy got down 7 but it was well worth it on how the game finished. If say almost the whole crowd stood up as well under the 8 minute mark.
March 9, 201313 yr Not Jerry Tipton @NotJerryTipton In the last 6 years, Graves County High School has won more games in Rupp Arena than Florida has.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.