Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

James Bolden gets first offer

Featured Replies

  • Replies 100
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you mean in regards to recruiting for the others, correct?

 

IMO there are no other D1 players on Holmes roster.

 

Yes, that was what I meant -- sorry if my post was unclear. You are invariably way ahead of me in these matters, Clyde, but are you including Holmes JV and freshmen in your calculations? It's difficult to determine how thoroughly some of the first-year players will develop, and those will be the guys on the floor with Bolden his senior year. I think the picture also may shift if we broaden our horizons -- when we say "D1" we're including, for example, Savannah State. Just a thought.

Yes, that was what I meant -- sorry if my post was unclear. You are invariably way ahead of me in these matters, Clyde, but are you including Holmes JV and freshmen in your calculations? It's difficult to determine how thoroughly some of the first-year players will develop, and those will be the guys on the floor with Bolden his senior year. I think the picture also may shift if we broaden our horizons -- when we say "D1" we're including, for example, Savannah State. Just a thought.

 

Correct that it's early but based on what I've seen I do not see any other D1 prospects. Could a kid grow to 6'8 and get looks? Yes.

Correct that it's early but based on what I've seen I do not see any other D1 prospects. Could a kid grow to 6'8 and get looks? Yes.

 

I agree Clyde. Even on their '09championship team there were 2 d-1 players. That's a lot for any team in the 9th on one team. I do not see any unless someone as you say grows significantly.

NKU will be better than Xavier by the time Bolden is out of college. Xavier becomes a perennial cellar dwellar in their new conference.

You are WAY out of line with this thinking.

VOR, I heard from someone that Hatton may have an age issue and that is why we hear rumors about him leaving DHHS. Heard anything like that?

 

Pretty sure Brandon will play every game of his senior year at 18 years old, not sure how age would be an issue seeing that is the same age as the vast majority of kids. He may be an older 18 but still 18.

Pretty sure Brandon will play every game of his senior year at 18 years old, not sure how age would be an issue seeing that is the same age as the vast majority of kids. He may be an older 18 but still 18.

 

Correct. No age issue for Brandon.

Cal and Mick were on hand to watch him play this morning in Virginia.

Cal and Mick were on hand to watch him play this morning in Virginia.

 

1 point and 1 assist in 8 minutes of action...

1 point and 1 assist in 8 minutes of action...

 

I've read that he needs to adjust to physical play.

 

I've read that he needs to adjust to physical play.

 

Big time...

  • Author

Was in foul trouble, reason for limited mins. But you are both right that the physical play definetly has him out of his comfort zone. Played well last night in front of Antigua and Mack, among others.

 

Mick is a big fan of Bolden...not as big as X, but still big fan. Talked to him after the game this morning and told me they didn't play him enough.

I've read that he needs to adjust to physical play.

 

Bolden needs to get much stronger if he wants to get an offer from Cal and have a chance to play meaningful minutes. The good news he has plenty of time to hit the weight room.

Bolden needs to get much stronger if he wants to get an offer from Cal and have a chance to play meaningful minutes. The good news he has plenty of time to hit the weight room.

 

Why play for Cal? So you can get knocked out of the first round of the NIT by Robert Morris?

Why play for Cal? So you can get knocked out of the first round of the NIT by Robert Morris?

 

Or win an NCAA championship. :idunno:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.